AZ Trail Run...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather's getting nice out. Anyone up for a run? How about throwing out some ideas and dates....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BBQ out on Apache lake would be fun.... Havent done a meet and greet in a while... Tho the 4wheelin is a little on the weak side, its a fun place to be and still would be fun... hrmm

ill keep thinking, there are several wells trails i would like to run still too.... will be thinking...

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down for that. My wife and I have spent the last few weekends in the Superstitions, Canyon Lake, and that area...we love the area.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys want to have a BBQ by the water AND do some fun wheeling, I've got just the place for you!!!

We can go out to the Rolls, then head over to one of four coves on Saguaro Lake for a BBQ. The coves are reachable only by boat or 4wd. The Wells book doesn't cover this area, but it's a lot of fun running in the washes and hill climbing. It's a fun area with some challenging hill climbs and lots of sand.

For anyone interested in camping, the coves are a good place to do it.

If anyone is interested, let me know, throw out some dates and I'll post up a run....

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am a maybe as i have taken the plunge and dropped Target like a bad habit and i only have 4 months to find another job ;)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just out at the Rolls/Coves this last Sunday, it was a bit cool but the wild flowers were just amazing:
You must be registered for see images attach

Depending on the date and my schedule I could be in for a run out there.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ AND you didn't invite anyone along??? Shame on you.... :p

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am a maybe as i have taken the plunge and dropped Target like a bad habit and i only have 4 months to find another job ;)

well at least your not in a situation where its more like you have 4 days to find a job... :D
Good luck.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck Robert.

As for me, you guys figure out what the plan is and if that works for me then I will be there. I really have no idea what is going on beyond this Saturday lol.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not very far away, we could do that. As long as it isn't the last weekend of April.

Good luck with the job hunt, Robert. I know what that's like.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my first off-road experiences with the Jeep was out at the Rolls:
You must be registered for see images attach

Lots of fun places to play around, and there's trails enough to keep you busy all day long.

AJ, have you ever run the section of the Great Western Trail from Butcher Jones out to Hwy 87 north of the Four Peaks turnoff?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my first off-road experiences with the Jeep was out at the Rolls: Lots of fun places to play around, and there's trails enough to keep you busy all day long.

AJ, have you ever run the section of the Great Western Trail from Butcher Jones out to Hwy 87 north of the Four Peaks turnoff?

x2 The Rolls are a fun place and getting to the four different coves and playing in the lake is a reward in itself on a warm day AND it's a good place for a BBQ.

I don't think I know where you are refering to. I have went the back way to Hwy 87 from Butcher Jones up that one big hill, if that's the area you're talking about, but that comes out on Four Peaks Road near the parking area.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I know where you are refering to. I have went the back way to Hwy 87 from Butcher Jones up that one big hill, if that's the area you're talking about, but that comes out on Four Peaks Road near the parking area.
Yeah, that's it. If you turn right when you hit FR 143 (4 peaks rd.) and go about 1 1/4 miles up you'll hit the continuation of the Western Trail. It goes over a dirt berm and continues on out to Hwy 87 about 6 miles north of the Sycamore/4 Peaks turnoff. I'm sure you'd recognize where it comes out if I showed it to you...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a Run to the Rolls and a BBQ at the Coves in a new thread if anyone is interested....

Kevin, can I add you to the list???