06 liberty 4x4 kj running rich.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valleyrome92

Reaction score
Okay so I have O2 sensor codes for bank 1 sensor 1 and 2. I get this bad fuel smell
And I replaced these sensors about a year ago but I read online that cheapo sensors were not good to use.

But the ones I used on bank 2 aren't throwing codes. The upstream one on the driver's side was a b**** to do

before doing it I want to know can a bad O2 sensor mess up the fuel air ratio make car run rich and essentially give itself and sensor 2 a bad code or did something else make the car run rich and then make the O2 sensor go bad.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upstream one on the driver's side was a b**** to do
That is an understatement!

Do yourself a favor and buy an O2 plug extension for that side, so if you ever have to mess with it again, it will be a million times easier to unplug in the future. I did that myself a few years back in order to save myself a lot of cussing down the road. I can try to find the part number for you, if u need it.

before doing it I want to know can a bad O2 sensor mess up the fuel air ratio make car run rich
Yes, absolutely. I wouldn't worry about sensor 2 for now. Sensor 1 is the bigger issue.

Can your scanner display fuel trim data? That would help you determine how rich things are getting. Running rich for too long can ruin the catalyst and potentially damage the engine, as well, so might be best to avoid driving it if you can.

NTK brand sensors, which are OEM, are the only ones you should be using. Most other brands that say they are compatible are not.