AZ Short Notice Run...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you knew it was only a matter of time... I'm anxious to get the new JK dirty and try out the 32" BFG M/T KM's!!!

Is anyone interested in a short notice run this Saturday Nov 8, or next Saturday Nov 15? I'll toss out two trails that Beth and I haven't done in a few years, one on the west side and the other on the east side.

- Wells #40 Harquahala Peak (M) 2~3 hours (west of Wickenburg)
- Wells #57 Walnut Canyon (M) 5~6 hours (south of Superior)

I'll post up a run for whatever day and trail folks are interested in.

The new JK... :D

You must be registered for see images

Note: also posted on L.O.S.T.

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/t3U8lzkkMjSppG7IMW98

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Saturday might be doable, I need to go and get some new tread on mine Friday. If I can get that done I'm all for a run. Have only been to both places one time, but if I had to choose one I think Harquahala would be good before it gets too cold up top, plus the view up there is just great! :)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... I'll put you down as a maybe and Harquahala Peak is our choice too.

AZKJ +1
Corwyyn (maybe)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the tire store didn't have the BFGs I want in stock but they will have them tomorrow so I'll be hanging around town to get that done. Was planning on attending the ASA4WDC quarterly in Wickenburg next Saturday but I could take a pass on that. If you want to reschedule for next Saturday I could let you know for sure by Wednesday if I can make it. If not no big deal, I can tag along some other time.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next week is good.

What kind of BFG were you looking at? I just put the newest style 32" M/T KM's from BFG on the JK....

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting some of the T/A KOs on the Jeep. I've been a budget Jeeper long enough, it's time to get some decent meat under it! :)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be able to make this run, im out of town most of this week (Denver, Brrr) but back by 11pm friday. - Wells #40 Harquahala Peak is only about a 40min drive from my place, so why not! Only bummer is i just randomly did that trail 2 weeks back. Its a great view up there. The road is maintained for service trucks so its pretty easy goin, just very steep. we picknicked at the top last time and it was quite windy. Neat antenna farm up there, remote powered by solar,wind and backup NG generators. Old 1930's science facility (for studying sun intensity) to look at too. Several side trails at the top that may be fun to go down.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been dying to get "the" tires i want on my truck =( no capital at the moment. looking at 33x12.5 MT or ATs not sure which yet. Ill be jelous (j/k). It will be good to see yall. Its kinda a hectic time for me though so i hope nothing kills this trip for me.

UPDATE: My Girlfriend and I were going to do somthing for her Birthday sunday, and if she gets saturday night off too (unsure), we may just take off for the weekend =) She did this trail w/ me a few weeks back so i dont know if i could convince her to do it again (ya never know tho). Would love to see yall, its been too long. She may not be able to get sat off anyhow so i may go anyways.

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, just saw this thread, and it's weird to see everyone heading out in vehicles other than the KJs now. I'm not planning to do any runs myself in the forseeable future, but glad to see there are runs starting up again.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did the trail a few weeks ago AND didn't post up a run??? Shame on you!!! :D

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, just saw this thread, and it's weird to see most everyone heading out in vehicles other than the KJs now. I'm not planning to do any runs myself in the forseeable future, but glad to see there are runs starting up again.
Fixed it for ya :) I'm still rolling in ol' Bleys, probably for the 'foreseeable future' (but who knows how far I can see? I sure don't...).

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did the trail a few weeks ago AND didn't post up a run??? Shame on you!!! :D

Sorry, i was invited by my friends from work and didnt feel it was my place =)
what i will do though is post some photos in this thread of the trail so peeps can see, just need to get off my keester and do it, last night was a zoo at my place, my steel blding arrived by flatbed and it was a all evening thing goofing w/ the metal

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed it for ya :) I'm still rolling in ol' Bleys, probably for the 'foreseeable future' (but who knows how far I can see? I sure don't...).

I would be if the CRD didnt have like 4 different 2000$+ time bombs clinking around inside it. She was a pig, but she was MY pig! and we had many great trail runs together! CRD RIP!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, i was invited by my friends from work and didnt feel it was my place =)
what i will do though is post some photos in this thread of the trail so peeps can see, just need to get off my keester and do it, last night was a zoo at my place, my steel blding arrived by flatbed and it was a all evening thing goofing w/ the metal
Here are some from a trip I did with Vern and JimJ in Feb of last year:

Vern and Jim heading up
You must be registered for see images attach

A little rough, nothing the Jeeps couldn't handle

A section of concrete paving for no apparent reason

A view out my passenger window

Looking SW from the top, California off in the distance

The road that runs south from Aguila to the Harquahalas is named Eagle Eye road, and here's the Eagle Eye

Here's a shot of the old observatory building with a bit more dynamic range

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reference to the random paved part. im still wondering how they got a concrete truck up there to pave that section! I would venture to guess its there b/c of all the constant land slides that steep area probably encounters.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys... any interest in this or what? I'd like to know by tomorrow. Beth and I will make other plans to run a trail closer to home and run Walnut Canyon (Wells #57) if nobody wants to make it this Saturday.

It's been two weeks and the new JK hasn't been on the trail yet... we're itching to get it dirty. Got the new tires and rock rails on and we're heading out this weekend one way or the other....

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a very complicated case, AJ. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old o8k'ers head. o8k Abides. If i can go ill go, but i cant commit b/c on this one tho, GF gets the trump card being her B-day and all. Just let me know where yer gonna b and ill holler at ya if i can come along. I should know for sure by tomorrow NP.

o8k

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Casey... I now what you mean AND you gotta keep the new GF happy!!! I'd say if Kevin is gonna make it for sure, we all meet at the McD's in Wickenburg, say 1000. If not, we'll do it another time.

As for the T-Day run with Mike... show this to the GF and maybe she'll want to go. Nothing like a B&B to intice the ladies... ;)

http://www.calumetaz.com/

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000 at the McD's in W-burg? got it. I think I can actually drag my butt out of bed at a decent hour to do this one - most of the runs want to start at 7am or whatever and I'm just not gonna give up precious sack time :p

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the backbone trail for Florence Junction no? Its a long trail. when we ran that last winter we got out just at dark. Though we were going quite slow and had to winch a few fellow patrons over a waterfall looking obstacle hump thing.