Short Notice... Kingman Trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short Notice... Kingman Run

Beth and I are heading up to Kingman Friday to do a couple of trails:

- Chloride Mines, Wells #8 (M)
- Hualapai Mountains, Wells #13 (M)

Sorry for the short notice, but if anyone wants to come along, you're more than welcome. We'll be staying in Kingman Friday and Saturday nights and returning to Phoenix on Sunday morning.

If anyone is interested I'll post up more details.

AJ

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking!!!

We had a great time, but it would have been even better if some of the AZ Gang could of made the run with us.

The Chloride Mine trail was very rocky the first mile and a half. We almost turned around since we were alone. Once we got out of the rocks it was a graded forest service road and scenic.

As for the Hualapai Mountains, it started out very scenic with some steep climbs on a shelf road. We got about five miles into the trail and had to turn around. There was a bad wind storm the day before which blew a big pine tree down blocking the trail. Went back to the Ranger Station and they just shrugged their shoulders because it was BLM land. We're going back next Spring to run it again.

After we turned around we headed over to Oatman and then took the graded Silver Creek Road to Bullhead City. Later we found a sandy trail right off I-40 and explored it for awhile.

Here are a few pics, sorry no action shots, Beth was too busy spotting me over the rocks (our stock height Liberty would not have made it).

The murals at the begining of the Chloride Mine Trail (the rocky part starts on the left side of the pic)....

You must be registered for see images attach

Four miles into the Hualapai Mountain Trail, very scenic (I forgot to take a pic of the downed tree which forced us to turn around)...

The scenery along Silver Creek Road....

A sandy wash next to I-40 we explored....

And, no two ways about it, we gotta get a "Jeepin" pup when I retire next year....

Last edited: