Axle Fluid Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...very, very dumb question...so when the owner's manual says "Drain and refill the front and rear axle fluid" this is the same darn thing as changing the differential fluids, right?

Sorry for the dumb question...it's Friday and my mind is mush. *hangs head in shame*

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...very, very dumb question...so when the owner's manual says "Drain and refill the front and rear axle fluid" this is the same darn thing as changing the differential fluids, right?

Sorry for the dumb question...it's Friday and my mind is mush. *hangs head in shame*

No need to hang your head. We've all been there at some point.:D Yes they are the same thing just worded differently.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes. The diff fluid runs down the length of the axles and lubricates the rear wheel bearings.

Latest posts

Members online