Automatic transmission problem, I am stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barzef

Reaction score
Hi, my vehicle is 2003 kj 3.7 AT renegade,

the story is long, but I need serius help......

my transmission was repaired due to a crackling like sound while crusing in 1st and 3rd gears. the mechanic said the transmissin case was open before and earlier repair was uncorrect (sequence of one gear wheel was wrong) .

I have it repaired once, the sound gone but when I steped on the acclerator to gain speed vehicle normally downshifted from 3rd to 2nd gear, at that moment a strike occured frequently, eventually leading to transmission errror.
I have it repaired again, reparimen told me the problem was the metal splinters and cleaned them 2-3 times

now striking during downshifting begun to accur sometimes after 1 month of near normal operation, in addtion up shifting from 2nd to 3rd gears is usually harsher than other upshifts which are nearly unsesible.

can this be merely an calibration problem , bec my repairmen did not have it calibrated after the repair.

or if the problem is coming form the transmission, which choice is wiser
1- try to have my trasnmission repaired once more
2- try to find a second hand transmission
3- to buy a brand new transmissison.

by the way unfurtunately my budget is low, I am busy with this condition for about 2 months and I am stuck....

thanks in advance