As soon as I buy Jeep from DaimlerChrysler ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I think I'll make the following changes:

1. Discontinue (and disavow any knowledge of) the Compass.

2. Delete the useless 3rd row seats from the Commander and re-badge it as the 2008 Grand Cherokee.

3. Discontinue the current Grand Cherokee (see 2., above).

4. Drop the Liberty name and re-badge what was to have been the 2008 Liberty as the 2008 Cherokee.

5. Re-design the front ends of the 2008 Grand Cherokee and 2008 Cherokee; get rid of those stupid-looking rectangular headlight assemblies and replace them with round headlights (which is what God wanted Jeeps to have in the first place).

6. Re-name myself John Willys and move to Toledo.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, I must say that I like the compass. I saw a black one last night and I wouldnt mind driving that thing at all. I would rather have it than a corolla or a honda. Its still a Jeep in my book which is 4wd and gets good mpg. \:D/

I like the current grands though. 8-[

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol funny.

How come the Compass get so much grief though? I myself wouldn't buy one, but I didn't think it was THAT bad of a vehicle....It is in the Jeep family after all.....jus curious

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they made the compass the way it is to lower their CAFE numbers as required by Gov't Regulations, and also to compete with other small cars like Subaru etc. It has no t-case so no real 4wd lo range.

The 3rd row seats in the Commander are almost useless except maby for little kids.

I like the looks of the GC but not the electronic wizadry of the automatic 4wd systems. (I like the selec-trac)

Just changing the badging doesn't change the vehicle. Although I do like the Cheroke name. But then I also like the old Gladiator name, and wish they would bring that back.

I like round headlights too, but I also liked the YJ and XJ square ones. Besides, headlights don't affect Jeep performance. It's just a styling thing and subjective.

Ok, I'm putting my flame suit on.

Dave

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
They should have put 31" tires and a transfer case on that compass. haha. Then it would be fine. ehehe

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just issue a recall for all 2002-2007 Libertys while you're at it and rebadge them all as Cherokee. That way you could do away with all knowledge of the "Liberty", too. O:)

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ02Ltd -

I've got no heartburn, at all, with the Liberty. I'm currently on my second one. To my way of thinking, though, the "Liberty" name should always remain associated with the current body style. The projected 2008 design is going to look a lot more like the old Cherokee, plus going back to that name in the States would get us all on the same sheet of music with the vehicles marketed overseas. =;

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havoline said:
KJ02Ltd -

I've got no heartburn, at all, with the Liberty. I'm currently on my second one. To my way of thinking, though, the "Liberty" name should always remain associated with the current body style. The projected 2008 design is going to look a lot more like the old Cherokee, plus going back to that name in the States would get us all on the same sheet of music with the vehicles marketed overseas. =;

I guess that makes sense.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I see more of the Compass on the street, I like it better.
I'd get one as a second vehicle for MPG reasons.

You think the Land Rover Freelander is an off-road vehicle? I saw one today, rather have a Jeep Compass.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
The compass has its place....that just happens to be on pavement. (biggrin)

Or here....
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9w500V0apJM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9w500V0apJM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>