Are these worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbalalaos

Reaction score
Hi again guys my name is Chris, I'm new. I posted for the first time today over in the FAQ section.

I have a 2003 Black Liberty Sport. I've been thinking about upgrading my wheels/rims because I really hate the look of the steel ones, however i'm not looking to spend big money.

I found this auction on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=160099582377&rd=1,1

It's for a set 5 steel rims i'm not sure what year they're from with relatively new tires.

The auction still has no bids i'm guessing because it's pick up only on the eastern tip of long island. I'm willing to go up to 500 and take the 2 hour drive out there. I was wondering what you guys think is it a good price, are they good wheels etc... Thanks again
-Chris

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard nothing but good things about those tires, and those wheels are really nice, i love those. i have them on mine, but the renegade ones which match my green paint, i also like em in silver too. they are aluminum not steel

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that he took the time to clean em up and throw em out back behind the shed, that way nothing happens to them. O:)

cbalalaos

Reaction score
06Liberty said:
I like the fact that he took the time to clean em up and throw em out back behind the shed, that way nothing happens to them. O:)

I know what you mean I sent him an email stating that i was interested but i couldn't really tell the condition of the wheels from the pics and didn't want to drive all the way out there to find they were in crappy condition. He sent a response assuring me that they were truly in excellent condition and just needed to be washed up.

As far as price though, if i can get these from 400 - 500 thats a pretty good price right?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they're in the condition he says they're in, yep, I'd get em. Like he said, the tires alone cost more than that. If you have the basic steel wheels then this would be a good upgrade for the money in my opinion.
I just don't understand why he would put something up for sale and not at least clean it up and make it presentable.....but they still look pretty good regardless. \:D/

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look good and you'd be getting all 5. Sag Harbor is way out on The Island but a lot closer than Montauk. (Montauk is the end) I think Sag is a little more than 1/2 way out. Still a long drive with traffic, but if you went out on a Sunday real early it would be a piece of cake, depending on where you're coming from..

One thing to check. The tire size is described as 235/70/16 on the top line but 225 as tire width on the specs which hopefully is a typo.

Dave

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
$500 for 5 wheels and tires is a good deal. (plus gas) (whistle) Depending on the condition of yours you could maybe flip yours for $200 if the tires are low miles. Someone up there would probably like to have a winter set to keep their nicer wheels away from the salt and ice.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
cbalalaos said:
dohh i got bid sniped at the last second

Darnit.....Just keep looking, and you will find another set of tires/wheels.

Dave