ARB Simpson II Roof Tent for Libertys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this one? Looks pretty cool on a Jeep Liberty if you ask me.

You must be registered for see images

Does anyone know if a Renegade rack would provide more support than a standard one?

Here is a link to the article on 4 Wheel Drive Magazine

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good, although I would be a tad worried to apply too much weight to the unsupported section hanging off the roof since it doesnt even have a rack under it. wonder if it could be flipped the other way?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not want to trust the stock rails have someone biult up a new one check Rock Lizard as well for their racks

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Nice tent, too bad it weighs in at 120lbs.
That's a lot of extra fuel and water you can carry!
Not to mention the added wind drag on the top of your vehicle (Cross winds, fuel economy!)
I have a beautiful mountaineering tent and state of the art (Awesomely comfortable) self inflatable mattresses that weigh in at a scant 21lbs.
Thats a 99lbs savings! That is quite a bit!
As far as "Critters" are concerned... I have a shot gun with some pretty nasty home made shells!
The flooded camp ground in the video?
So they get a good night sleep... Great...
Most people out there wouldn't be able to drive out of that place! Even if they a lift kit, big tires, etc. etc... Not to mention that the occupants are still goning to get wet and muddy getting back into their vehicle...Unless the have the option on their vehicle remote to open their sun roof!
Even then they would end up driving away with their fancy roof rack mounted tent still erected! Damaging the ladder.
Not to mention the fact that if they don't have the all inclusive "Vehicle remote" they would have to leave the vehicles sun roof open...Hence causing the owners vehicle to get flooded along with all those other poor souls camping on ground level!

(Just because you have the gear don't mean you know how to use it!...
I know I sound arrogant but the facts speak for them self.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, you need new roof rails for thath tent, I thought they came with some, or you can make your own I made some and they easily hold 180# in the middle w/ very little flex in the tubing, all together it cost me $20

dog_party

Reaction score
I like those top-tents, but I'll never get one. I've already spent too much money on ground-tents and air mattresses. I might look into an expedition trailer with a trailer-top tent. That might fit my lifestyle somewhere down the road.

BTW - The Renegade rails are rated for less weight that then Sport/Limited rails. Never figured that one out, but that's what DC says.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like those roof tops, but when I do it I will have a trailer setup with it on top, storage below, that way back it in the garage and dont have to take it off, will not have to unload anything, all camping stuff in one place, just grab some food, drinks and clean underwear and go the next time!!

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flooded camp ground in the video?
So they get a good night sleep... Great...
Most people out there wouldn't be able to drive out of that place! Even if they a lift kit, big tires, etc. etc... Not to mention that the occupants are still goning to get wet and muddy getting back into their vehicle...Unless the have the option on their vehicle remote to open their sun roof!
Even then they would end up driving away with their fancy roof rack mounted tent still erected! Damaging the ladder.
Not to mention the fact that if they don't have the all inclusive "Vehicle remote" they would have to leave the vehicles sun roof open...Hence causing the owners vehicle to get flooded along with all those other poor souls camping on ground level!

haha. i don't think most folks thought of all that! lol!:D

Latest posts

Members online