ARB Bumper, Frankenlift, and Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My post in the tires section on trying to decide between the Grabbers and the Silent Armors has made me decide to go with the Duratracs.

Currently, my KJ has a Frankenlift II Premium with OME HD springs, struts, and LT shocks. It has 1 extra set of rear iso's and is at 21" at all 4 fenders. This is after a little more than 2.5 years to sag, a Westin brush guard on the front, and Rocklizard Super Skinks. It has 245/75R16 GY Silent Armor Load C's. I want to keep my current Rubicon Moab 16X8" rims with 5" backspacing.

Since I want to get 265/75R16 Load C Duratracs under it, I want to go a little higher, and need a little more clearance in the front of the front fender wells. From reading posts here, I'm thinking an ARB bumper to take care of the clearance issue. I'm not sure of how much more it would weigh than the stock bumper and Westin though, and how much height I'm going to lose because of it. I think I'll probably need to do a 1/4" plate and 3 ring clevis up front, and the 4" JBA springs for the rear.

Advice and Opinions Please.......

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what it would look like with the CRD springs.

The ARB and Warn must weigh in at about 145-150 lbs. It was a ***** to install by myself.
You must be registered for see images attach

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what it would look like with the CRD springs.

The ARB and Warn must weigh in at about 145-150 lbs. It was a ***** to install by myself.

Thanks for the photo. Looks like I'll be getting a Warn winch too. I don't really need it, but that has never stopped me before.:D

I think I'll let the guys over at Line-X install the bumper for me. They're an ARB dealer and have always done good work for me. Plus, they are going to have to match it up to the color matched Line-X anyway.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap your OME HDs out for 790s before you bolt the ARB on.

X2000000000

I installed the HD's then turned around 2 weeks later and installed an ARB with M8000 winch and lost a whole inch!!!! I need to install the 790 or a clevis lift now.

FYI.. I'm at 21 from center of wheel to flare.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some comparison between a Franky with 927s / 245-75s on the left and mine with Franky gasser parts-790s and 265-75s, this was before my last "little" addition to the lift as well.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know Tom, down deep, Chris really hates you..... #1 ohio KJ eclipsee_gold_cup.g::D

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some comparison between a Franky with 927s / 245-75s on the left and mine with Franky gasser parts-790s and 265-75s, this was before my last "little" addition to the lift as well.

Is there a clevis or extra plate up front? Also, how do you have the rear setup in this photo?

Thanks

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just over at Lost and saw some pictures of Boiler's rear bumper. I'm going to get one of them for this round of upgrades too.

I'm thinking, ARB front bumper with Warn winch, OME 790 springs to replace the 927's, Boiler's rear bumper, and GY Duratrac 265/75R16 Load C's on my Moabs. I have the OME 948's in the rear with the LT shocks and 1 extra set of iso's. The pinch weld in the front wheel wells has been flattened. The bumpers will get a coat of color matched Line-X like the current bumpers, fenders, and beltline have.

Do you think this will be level and have the clearance I need for the 265's? I'm trying to get the list together so I can get everything done by this fall. I want to be finished by Thanksgiving so the KJ is ready for this winter's ski season.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tomm, when are you gonna publish all your little secrets???

You'll have to ask all of the guys who were at the Cancer Rally for Life back in the spring of the year down in Troy Ohio ! I was working out on the mud course and come back to see several legs sticking out from under my KJ. I think their look out went to sleep and didn't warn them! I have things well hidden though I do believe :rolleyes:

KY Liberty
rear has 948s and two extra custom made top isolators / Rancho RSX 17004 shocks
Front has gasser Frankenlift parts mixed with Rancho RSX 17505 shocks and 790 springs plus.......