April Badlands Trip Feat. TONYCRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
YAWN!!!!!

I need to figure something out with my intake. Hmm.... Anyone ever seen a "custom" snorkel before? :)

Eh, no, if I do it, It'll look like (censored).

STINGN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then it didn't suck up water through the intake. it was an electrical shut off.

you can hydrolock an engine and fix it on the spot...you just gotta hope it was not TOO much and that you leak it out ASAP. and crank it over yourself to get it going again...if your lucky, no damage...unlucky is a loud knocking (like budke's knocking sound) or not starting at all...

Matt, you might have just been super lucky that you didnt suck any in because Mopar engines seem to hydrolock the most out of any company i know of (as in my buddys dodge ram, ex-gf xj, brothers yj and...)

STINGN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YAWN!!!!!

I need to figure something out with my intake. Hmm.... Anyone ever seen a "custom" snorkel before? :)

Eh, no, if I do it, It'll look like (censored).

didnt you see all of those stupid custom snorkels lol...looked like whats under my sink eek2dance.gif

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, any of you punks ever check the bottom of the factory airbox in a KJ? The two drain holes that are there to let water out will also let water in if they are below the waterline. Duh. And if you've got water up to the airfilter, then it went into the engine too. Check where the air inlet is, it's at the bottom of the airbox, as soon as the water level is permitted to get higher than the top of the air inlet, the motor's intake cycle will do the rest and hoover water in quicker than you can react.

TBJ, have you plugged the drain holes in your stock airbox?

MS5490renegade who drives a JK.... how did you clear the water out?

Reaction score
Hey, any of you punks ever check the bottom of the factory airbox in a KJ? The two drain holes that are there to let water out will also let water in if they are below the waterline. Duh. And if you've got water up to the airfilter, then it went into the engine too. Check where the air inlet is, it's at the bottom of the airbox, as soon as the water level is permitted to get higher than the top of the air inlet, the motor's intake cycle will do the rest and hoover water in quicker than you can react.

TBJ, have you plugged the drain holes in your stock airbox?

MS5490renegade who drives a JK.... how did you clear the water out?

i let it drain. the liberty died when i went through the pond thing (over the hood) i made it out and i was pressing the gas and it wasnt going. it cut off. i tried a few times to turn it on, nothing. opened the hood and looked in the air box, full of water, slowly draining. filter was soaked. gave it a few to drain and fired it right up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought the camera but didn't use it much. Here's what I got though:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
eyehatetofu, ThunderbirdJunkie hates mud too. But it makes for cool pictures :p

In all seriousness, the mud at The Badlands isn't as sloppy and sticky as a lot of the stuff in MI and Ohio and Eastern IN.

Awesome picture Tony :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score