Kingston Peak 4 Wheel Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was my first true 4 wheel trip. I have done a couple of others before but nothing to really start to test the KJ. On this trip I ended up on just three wheels a couple of times. It was about a 10 mile trip over the top of Kingston Peak here in Colorado. Which those familiar with the area it is just a little west of Denver and a very scenic drive over the top. There was nothing my KJ couldn't handle on this trail. It had rocky terrain and some downhill areas that were nothing but larger loose rocks. Took this trip with a friend who has a TJ. After getting down one side of the mountain after sumitting the top, my friend had a weld on his muffler break. Glad I wasn't in his jeep cause he said it rattled the rest of the trip. Saw a mixed group of about 9 or 10 Jeeps headed the other direction, and there were even 2 KJ's. One was lifted and the other was completely stock. Here are the pics. I only chose a couple, but I took plenty more than this.

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6204-top-kingston-peak-colorado.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6205-pic-distance-top.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6207-posed-rock.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6208-other-end-jeep.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6206-following-my-friend.jpg

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun! With your front bumper trimmed like that have you had to put any extra armor up front or not? Ive thought about doing that but not sure if it exposes anything you wouldn't want exposed.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been fine so far. I plan on moving the washer fluid bottle at some point as it is the only thing that is in real danger of damage with the bumper being trimmed. Other than that it only has the Mopar skid up front.

Latest posts

Members online