Anyone lifted a 2007 Liberty Sport YET?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupermanWV

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Liberty Sport 4x4 that I'm thinking about lifting.

Has anyone here lifted an '07?

What lifts are available for the '07's, everything I've noticed only goes to 2006 models.

ALSO...with the spacer lifts...is there always contact of the balljoint to the coil springs?

Is it better to use a in-coil/strut spacer or a spacer that goes on the bottom of the strut or on top of the strut. (I guess an easier question would be....which is better... a spacer lift that you can install without the use of spring compressors or a spacer lift that requires spring compressors to install?)

Let me know some brands and model numbers of any lifts you're aware of for the 2007's, especially ones that don't have contact of the balljoints and coil springs.

I appreciate all your help. The sooner the better with the info...I'd like to do something real soon.

Clark (SupermanWV)

SupermanWV

Reaction score
Would this lift kit be any good?

Has anyone on the site used it before....that can tell me how its been working for them?

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_liberty_3.html

OH...and if at all possible, I'd like to stay below $400.00.....more in the line of $300-$350 would be awesome.

What is my best selection in that price range.

I have a 4x4 Remote Control Crawler that I am trading off, and I'm trying to get an even trade on a lift for my Liberty.

So any ideas in that price range that won't cause my struts to go bad or my ball joints to rub the coil springs would be great. I like the idea of the kits that come with shocks also....then I won't have to buy them seperately. Cause my wallets kinda flat...that is why I'm trading off my RC Crawler.

HERE IS A COUPLE PICS OF MY CRAWLER...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Thanks for any info....

Clark (SupermanWV)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any lift for a 2006 will work on a 2007. I can't comment too much on specifics, as I did a small budget ($75) lift - 1.75" front, 1" rear.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
To answer your question:

Yes.

For a while now. Here's the sad part: A Dealership probably lifted one first (somewhere out there) before a private owner got the chance to.

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how come the rough country wont work on a 2002? and some other brand lifts out there as well? whats the diff?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The Rough Country lift is 3", am I correct?

The 2002 (most of them) are already 3/4 of an inch higher than '03 models, so that could theoretically give almost a 4" lift.... over an '03-'07.

There's probably too much stress for the CV joints with that 3" lift on 2002s.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Plus Rough Countrys are junk, just do a good spring lift and be done with it, why pay 20,000 plus for a nice ride only to junk it up with a cheap lift. Like your wife buying a 500 dollar dress for a night out on the town and wearing tennis shoes with it, think about it!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Plus Rough Countrys are junk, just do a good spring lift and be done with it, why pay 20,000 plus for a nice ride only to junk it up with a cheap lift. Like your wife buying a 500 dollar dress for a night out on the town and wearing tennis shoes with it, think about it!!

Listen to Tom. He's a genius, lol.

There is a reason why the lift is so cheap...