Anyone driven the 07 4dr Wrangler yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just test drove one yesterday to see how well we (me, wife, 3 kids) would fit in it. Room seems very similar to the KJ.

I was definitely a nice ride. I really wish DCX would be a 5spd auto trans in these, then I would buy one w/o thinking about it. I'd rather have the 6spd, but the wife wants an auto. It just seems like a 4spd auto is so 90's.

All in all, I liked it. It's definitely on the short list.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've just test driven today (in Italy) a 2.8 CRD sahara...WHERE IS THE ENGINE??? WHERE ARE THE 177 HORSES...(deadhorse) ???

Couldn't believe to what I was testing, had to push the foot waydown to receive a slight acceleration!!!
It's definitly quieter at idle than Liberty's 2.8 CRD, but there's somthing different in the power erogation. On the Lib it's a litlle bit rougher but it's more responsive at 2000 rpm.

What to say more...don't envy europe for the new 2.8 CRD, becouse I can't find out why Jeep couldn't use for the Wrangler the same CRD used in the Grand Cherokee!

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've just test driven today (in Italy) a 2.8 CRD sahara...WHERE IS THE ENGINE??? WHERE ARE THE 177 HORSES...(deadhorse) ???

Couldn't believe to what I was testing, had to push the foot waydown to receive a slight acceleration!!!
It's definitly quieter at idle than Liberty's 2.8 CRD, but there's somthing different in the power erogation. On the Lib it's a litlle bit rougher but it's more responsive at 2000 rpm.

What to say more...don't envy europe for the new 2.8 CRD, becouse I can't find out why Jeep couldn't use for the Wrangler the same CRD used in the Grand Cherokee!

It's a matter of the control device in place on the new engine-it's horrible for about 500 miles or so while it's learning your driving habits, then it's like a custom made computer program in your engine. It's actually really nice.

Now, about that 4 door. This weekend I went wheeling with one actually...he did everything that I did in my 2 door (we both have '07 Rubicons), but I can honestly say that I had FAR less trouble with it all than he did. Last obstacle of the day was a rock face about 10 feet tall or so, probally about 40-45 degrees. I walked up it on my first shot, he took a good 3 or 4 tries before he got up-with considerable wheelspin. I have no idea why, since they were both locked and discoed, stock all around on both. Either my driving skills are better (unlikely) or the SWB is slightly more capable than the LWB over this type of terrain.

Now...outtahere.gif

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

I know why. The 3.0L CRD is a premium engine with a premium price tag, and is not necessary in the Wrangler and Liberty. The 2.8L is just fine for both vehicles, but would be underpowered for the Grand Cherokee.

Over here in the US, the Grand Cherokee CRD has a $5k extra price tag. It won't sell nearly as well as the Liberty CRD.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know why. The 3.0L CRD is a premium engine with a premium price tag, and is not necessary in the Wrangler and Liberty. The 2.8L is just fine for both vehicles, but would be underpowered for the Grand Cherokee.

Over here in the US, the Grand Cherokee CRD has a $5k extra price tag. It won't sell nearly as well as the Liberty CRD.

I understand Marlon...I admit that europe, and especially Italy:eek: is full of people buying cars only for fashion and not for utility...it's a "MUST" buying big SUVs just to go shopping!!!screwy.gif

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came back from the dealership. And I apologize my brothers and sisters, I had impure thoughts and wanted a 4dr Sahara....

1. But then they told me that they would only give me 10800 for my 04, and that was an insult...

2. then they tried to push on me 84 months, insult #2.

3. Then they told me the apr was 6.95%. Insult #3.

The impure thoughts are normal when it comes to women and new cars... no apology needed.

OT: Not trying to burst your bubble about you being insulted by the dealer...

I don't know if your KJ is a Sport or Limited, stick or automatic. I also went with the normal mileage of 49,000 and it being an automatic. As for the mods, they hardly ever add value unless you can do a private party sale and find someone who is willing to pay for them. Most dealers, more often than not, lower their trade-in offer on a modified vehicle.

1. KBB trade-in values vary a few $$$ by location. Here in Phoenix an '04 Limited, in good condition is $10,370 and $7,955 for a Sport. If you have a Limited that's not a bad trade-in at all. If you have a Sport... they offered you a great trade-in. Either way, I see no insult.

2. Finance for 84 months (7 years)... yeah, one would have to be nuts to go more than 4 years... 5 years max. Then again, not knowing your finances, how much you owe on your '04 etc., they could of been trying to make the deal more affordable to you as far as monthly payments go. Again, no real insult.

3. 6.95% financing... that depends on your credit rating and how long you finance a vehicle, so really no insult there either, unless you have great credit, are not upside down on your '04 and can finance for a shorter period of time to get a better rate.

KBB for an '04 Limited 4x4 Automatic...

You must be registered for see images

KBB for an '04 Sport 4x4 Automatic...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

kj02

Reaction score
I test drove one 3 weeks ago and it was sweet.
I think it will be my next jeep.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Marlon, I wish I had in Italy the same prices you have in USA... here the Grand Cherokee CRD limited is priced apx 50k euros vs the 36k of the Cherokee limited (Liberty). That means apx 20K DOLLARS EXTRA PRICE TAG !!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Son bought a 4 dr Sahara. As soon as I get a chance to get down to see him, I will drive his. He is in Maryland. He doesn't know what he is in for because I want to take the top and doors off and take it for a proper ride.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you are going wheeling all the time and have another vehicle for daily or long runs, I don't see why anyone would get a wrangler.
Then again, if you are going wheeling all the time, I wouldn't get a 4dr wrangler because of the long wheelbase. I am sure it still does great, but it doesn't look as much fun as 2door.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you are going wheeling all the time and have another vehicle for daily or long runs, I don't see why anyone would get a wrangler.
Then again, if you are going wheeling all the time, I wouldn't get a 4dr wrangler because of the long wheelbase. I am sure it still does great, but it doesn't look as much fun as 2door.

He has a second vehicle. He also has 2 kids to cart around and the usual stuff that goes with that.

Personally for my own use I would lean towards the 2 door version. Fishing poles take up less space and don't need diapers.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the gas prices go up as they have been, I am in no mood for another Jeep, even if I were replacing my KJ.. :( My daily route involves many stop/go and heavy traffic, strictly within CITY. It really doesn't help with my wallet or Just Emptying Every Pocket. I love my KJ so I bear with the high gas prices.. $3.15 wtf.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4 door is not as fun to drive as the 2-door imho, so I bought the 2-door...:)