Anyone driven the 07 4dr Wrangler yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4M

Reaction score
I drove a soft top and "hard top" this past Saturday.

Pros:
** I like the seats, more comfy than Liberty and the new cloth is very useful.
** Looks, they look nice from the outside
** The hard top with removeable panels is a great idea
** The mini-van engine was smooth as silk (the best part of the vehicle)
** Suprisingly good visibility.

Cons:
** There has been a lot of hype about how well these things ride... it's ********. Is it better than the old Wrangler? YES. Is it worse than any Jeep 4dr? YES.
** The road feel is totally dead through the steering wheel. Felt like a video game from 1993.
** Even though the "cargo" room behind the seats is spec'ed to be more than a Liberty... it isn't useful. The added room has more to do with the height of the cab, not floor space. (I measured)
** I didn't like the dash layout.
** There is plenty of room in the back seat, but getting out is nearly impossible. I am under 6ft tall and i smacked my knees on the door everytime.

The dealership was suprised when I said "Sorry, I am keeping my Liberty". I told them the 3.8L engine should be in the Liberty, but other than that... the Liberty is better as an everyday machine.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been pondering taking one for a drive, just haven't gotten to it yet. The local dealership here has already sold three of them, the only one left is a rubicon version. I don't think I would get rid of the wife's liberty for one, but might take one as a daily driver for myself. We shall see, thanks for your opinions on it, as I am 6'4 myself.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe local dealership just got in a crapload of Wranglers, both in four door and two door. They had ared Unlimited Rubicon that was really nice. I would get one if finances permitted, but I love my KJ too.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came back from the dealership. And I appologize my brothers and sisters, I had impure thoughts and wanted a 4dr Sahara. And I drove the Sahara and I enjoyed many of the features, (my Liberty has a better engine in my opinion)
But then they told me that they would only give me 10800 for my 04, and that was an insult, then they tried to push on me 84 months, insult #2.
Then they told me the apr was 6.95%. Insult #3.
I thanked them for my time and roared away in my Liberty.
I'll think about that again when the 08 Liberty comes out and I can see what they have to offer there. Until then, My Liberty and I are sticking together.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
I just came back from the dealership. And I appologize my brothers and sisters, I had impure thoughts and wanted a 4dr Sahara.

Your forgiven. Impure thoughts would have been trading it in on a Rav-4. The Wrangler Unlimited is still a Jeep. As far as the trade in goes, I know how that goes. They wanted to give me $9K for mine, that was insulting.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my wife and I wanted more car payments, we'd have a 4 door Wrangler in our driveway along with the KJ. Local dealer has (or had) one in black on the lot earlier this week with the soft top, auto trans and more for under 27K.

They had a two door in Rescue Green that looked pretty sweet for under 20K.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my Off Road Adventures magazine today and theres already a crapload of aftermarket goodies for the JK. WTF. It's out a month and they've got more stuff than I can get for my five year old KJ.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 Door Rubicon

I think it's a sweet ride, I 'built' one online.. all priced out 34k. every option.. my only wish... why didnt they make the top two panels 'clear' to gain light in the car.. with some tint or something.. thus you could have had a sunroof, PLUS... why do they have the 4spd auto.. many have 6 spd auto now.. I think they will improve as the model years click on..

my opinion..

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at these, too. I'm thinking of selling my '03 Ranger FX4 and getting one of these to go along with the wife's '02 Liberty Ltd 4x4.

As for the 4spd auto, seriously, like WTF? I really think DC should wise up and put at least a 5spd auto in it.

jpm

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to beat the crap out of them on the Rubicon for two weeks back in August and had a blast. Very capable and fun to drive. I drove a Tj back to back w/ a JK and the JK was better in all regards including off road and on. It tackled the trail much smoother than the TJ and rode Way better on road. Sweet Jeeps for sure can't wait to get one.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost here

My fully loaded sahara 4x4x4 all black every option even mygig.. here in 3-4 weeks..

MY LIBERTY NEEDS A HOME! **don't let the dealer steal it from me, then resell it for 5grand higher..**

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Sahara four door the best for the JK's, but I'm not about to get another Wrangler until I drive my TJ off a cliff (biggrin).

Next Jeep, as some of you know, will probably be a WK (Hemi or a CRD) for towing. But if towing turns out not to be a concern (probably will), I'm liking the looks of the next Liberty.

65thkj

Reaction score
I've always had one major problem with Jeep Wranglers. They are way overpriced. I always wanted to get one but could not stomach the price for such a simple vehicle. My first Jeep was a used Grand Cherokee for ~$8000 and for the same year and mileage a wrangler would have been more. For the simplicity of the vehicle and the cost of building them they should be a lot less money. A two door wrangler stickering for around the same price as a liberty is crazy.
My father had old jeeps in the past and he tells me how they used to be one of the least expensive vehicles to buy. Like an economy car price. I guess as long as the demand stays up Chrysler can mark them up a ton.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered DEC 28th

And not here yet =(**

I did order a sahara all black, freedom top every option, from engine heater to mygig.

Where is it!!

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mygig would be your problem. MyGig actually went offline about a month ago and won't be back until the '08s start rolling. You should check out jkboard.com for all your JK needs.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SnowgodCCR said:
The mygig would be your problem. MyGig actually went offline about a month ago and won't be back until the '08s start rolling. You should check out jkboard.com for all your JK needs.

Maybe I need to read up on MyGig. I thought it was just an MP3 player with a 20g HD built in to the Jeep. Please elaborate.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mygig

rocks the (^#%#$*#@ it has uconnect in it.. it has nav.. mine arrives NEXT WEEK! trading in the ole gas guzzlin KJ Russ! gettin a loaded JK gas guzzler. all black family truckster .. last week for me ok KJ country.. its been real.. Thanks guys.. glad to dump the loaded libby.. once an for all.. I had -0- interest.. in selling it on my own.. not sure why 20k miles every option, nav/chrome sunroof, heated seats.. so it is off to the dealer and they can deal with it.. I understand the problem. why buy used.. when you buy new and get 0%