Anyone done installations through Tirerack.com?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tirerack.com has a "price pledge plus" list of local installers who "promise" to install for the prices listed on the tirerack.com website. Has anyone ordered tires through them AND used a recommended installer? A local one near me lists mount & balance for any 60-series or higher tire for $14.50 per tire. Seems like a good deal, I just want to be sure I don't get a run-around.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie has worked for two of TireRack's recommended installers. At his shops, things went smoothly unless there was an ordering SNAFU.

Remember that you're dealing with light truck tires. At the old joint, it was $15 for 60 series and up PASSENGER CAR tires...$17 for LT and 55-50 series tires, and $20 for tires 32" and up/45-40 series tires, and $35/tire for 35 series-down or anything over 18 inches (regardless of aspect ratio)

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember that you're dealing with light truck tires. At the old joint, it was $15 for 60 series and up PASSENGER CAR tires...$17 for LT and 55-50 series tires, and $20 for tires 32" and up/45-40 series tires, and $35/tire for 35 series-down or anything over 18 inches (regardless of aspect ratio)

If that's the same "old joint" .... they wanted $20 to change out a freakin valve stem. They were overpriced on everything, that's why you hardly ever saw me visit when you worked there, went back to were I got treated with good deals.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie has worked for two of TireRack's recommended installers. At his shops, things went smoothly unless there was an ordering SNAFU.

What if the tire designation does NOT contain "LT"? Would they still be considered light truck tires simply because they were installed on a Jeep?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but not because of them being installed on a Jeep, but because they're LT sizes/category.

IE a 225/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler ST is a light truck tire, despite a P designation, whereas a 225/75-16 Goodyear Integrity is not because it is not designed for light trucks.

You would not want to install a non-light truck tire on your KJ, because the load index and other factors that affect structural integrity won't be correct for a 4,200 lb trucklet

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I ordered tires for my wife's van through tirerack and set up the installation through their recommended locally-owned installer. It was a very smooth process. I'd do it again.