Anybody matched window tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilblkblt04

Reaction score
Does anybody have pictures of their Liberty with the front windows matched to the rest of the car?

I don't want it too dark but just want to see what it looks like.

Ryan

ROHO

Reaction score
I'm getting mine done this week, maybe tomorrow. I will post some pics of it when it's done.

I'd like to see this too, i was thinking about geting it done after a while.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Dark front window tint is Illegal in PA... I have the rear windows done, but you are not allowed to do the front driver and passenger windows above a certain percentage here in PA.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I wish window tint was actually legal here, I'd have tinted darker than I did. I did 35% front windows. Doesn't exactly match the rears but it looks OK. In Michigan you're not supposed to tint but 4" from the top of the window.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish window tint was actually legal here, I'd have tinted darker than I did. I did 35% front windows. Doesn't exactly match the rears but it looks OK. In Michigan you're not supposed to tint but 4" from the top of the window.

It's not legal here either, and I don't think it is legal in most of the states to go this dark anyway.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'd check your laws for your state before you do the tint.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well here you can go as dark as you wish, even limo tint... only thing is it's not supposed to go 4" past the top of the front windows. So even if you've got 50% tint, if it's covering the entire window, it's illegal.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which idiot would put a tint that ends 4" from the top of the glass.
Unless you got a 4" wind deflector. :D The idiotic ones.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Nope, all front glass, this means windshield and driver and passenger side front windows.... 4", no more, or else you can get a ticket. And I've seen idiots riding around like that. Needless to say it looks extremely stupid.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Nope, all front glass, this means windshield and driver and passenger side front windows.... 4", no more, or else you can get a ticket. And I've seen idiots riding around like that. Needless to say it looks extremely stupid.

One nob here used spray on mirrored tint just in the middle of all his windows!
Some people must be huffing it first before applying that stuff!

After getting the tint matched theres no going back! Love mine.. :)

I haven't done mine yet, but agree that it looks really sharp and plan on doing the same to my drivers and passenger side windows.

BTW, is 5% tint the closest to factory privacy glass? of is the higher the percentage you go the darker it gets?
Also, the last windows I tinted were on my Mini, 26 years ago! Two days later I peeled it off because it turned the inside of the car into a fish bowl! Too much condensation build up on the windows in the early mornings and in the night. And the stuff the I used was from Folia Tec and when you looked through it, it was hazy and blurry.
Hence, I got rid of it!

What brand do you guys recommend?
The actual tinting film or spray on tint?

Last edited:

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Spray on is VERY hard to use, it bubbles and pits, and can run. The glass has to be properly conditioned for it too. You really can't see the irregularities on the outside, but you CAN on the inside. It is also harder to get all four a uniform shade with spray on. Paint, you can put layers and layers, and it is still the same color. The spray tint, the shade gets darker and darker with each layer; you can black it out...

They also recommend you remove the glass, well, that's another job...

You can go to a place that will CUT the tint for your windows, for $200.00 or less, INSTALLED, or just buy the cut-outs and put them on yourself. It's harder the more work you have to do...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Spray on is VERY hard to use, it bubbles and pits, and can run. The glass has to be properly conditioned for it too. You really can't see the irregularities on the outside, but you CAN on the inside. It is also harder to get all four a uniform shade with spray on. Paint, you can put layers and layers, and it is still the same color. The spray tint, the shade gets darker and darker with each layer; you can black it out...

They also recommend you remove the glass, well, that's another job...

You can go to a place that will CUT the tint for your windows, for $200.00 or less, INSTALLED, or just buy the cut-outs and put them on yourself. It's harder the more work you have to do...

Doing the actual tint job won't be a problem, finding a quality product is.
I'm sure that in 26 years this tinting film have improved.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One nob here used spray on mirrored tint just in the middle of all his windows!
Some people must be huffing it first before applying that stuff!

I haven't done mine yet, but agree that it looks really sharp and plan on doing the same to my drivers and passenger side windows.

BTW, is 5% tint the closest to factory privacy glass? of is the higher the percentage you go the darker it gets?
Also, the last windows I tinted were on my Mini, 26 years ago! Two days later I peeled it off because it turned the inside of the car into a fish bowl! Too much condensation build up on the windows in the early mornings and in the night. And the stuff the I used was from Folia Tec and when you looked through it, it was hazy and blurry.
Hence, I got rid of it!

What brand do you guys recommend?
The actual tinting film or spray on tint?

Tint percentages are based on the amount of light that is let through the window, so low percentages mean less light gets through, so darker tint. I think the factory tint is somewhere around 35%ish?

Prep work usually involves applying johnson&johnson baby shampoo diluted with water. Not sure why its that brand but my cousin worked at a tint shop for a few years and told me some stuff. Something about the chemical that the baby shampoo lacks that makes the window clean, but wont ruin the adhesion of the film. NY doesnt allow a certain percentage on the windshield and front windows (back window can be painted black and still be legal), but i don't think matching the back windows will stand out enough for me to get pulled over. I'll risk it when I get the $80 to go to the shop and have it done right.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Factory rear tint is around 20% ish. That's what my tint guy told me, I agree with him. My front windows are 35% and are very much lighter than the rears.

Latest posts

Members online