Any recommendations for an HD Radio (FM) HU?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed crutchfield has a JVC (JVC KD-HDR1) head unit with built-in HD radio receiver here -->http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9sOHztnTOLo/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=280150&I=257KDHDR1

Any thoughts on JVC HU's?

Any other HU's with FM HD Radio to recommend for an '06 libby sport?

I thought it was really cool that the tuner is built into this unit... seemed like Alpine's need an external add-on tuner for FM HD Radio.

Here's another JVC for 100 bones more
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9sOHztnTOLo/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=280150&I=257KDSHX90

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they come down to like $100 I am not planning to get one, probably will soon, and a bit after that they will most likely be standard and FM will be like SW or LW over time. :)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Unless they come down to like $100 I am not planning to get one, probably will soon
They are on sale for $199.99. That's better than the average non HD radios on the market.

hyedipin said:
they will most likely be standard and FM will be like SW or LW over time. :)
Your absolutley right. My few of my local radio stations advertise that they are now broadcasting in High Def. I'm curious to hear the difference...is there???

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there will be difference, definitely, since they broadcast at higher frequence and with more bandwidth. Sometimes even at the best reception insturments tend to overlap and sound terrible while listening to FM, it sounds OK on those light fm stations or elevator music, but who listens to those anyway. My complaint is that they are not compatible with stock hu. I don't want to get rid of my perfectly working RBQ and get HD..