Any one else running hids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!

Let me rephrase...

THEY WILL WORK....just not 100% Properly

And yes you guys are correct in a way.....they can't be aimed PROPERLY.

By properly I mean they are not going down the road as far as a headlight system desing for them such as a projector Bean HID system.

But at the same time, they will give you better light quality...ie a cleaner light without the dull yellow tint.

But i defy you to come down the road at me and say your blinded....you won't be.

And if you want to talk rules and regulations....in almost every state that has vehicle inspections......if you look...things like your exhaust system....put on anything that isn't OEM parts, and it's illegal.
WV law for example says "only original manufacture exhaust system is allowed."

So come on guys really lets not be splitting hairs here...they will work....no your right not 100% properly, but they will "work", and can be aimed down so as not to blind someone.
For the exhaust that is mainly for the cat forward system as nothing past the cat is emission related,that includes the muffler.Not required to have a muffler installed during a emission test as it will not have any effect what so ever.

Now some states require the tailpipe to exit past the rear wheels but that has all but been thrown out due to many vehicles coming with tailpipes exiting before the rear wheels and are legal to sell in all 50 states.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!

Let me rephrase...

THEY WILL WORK....just not 100% Properly

And yes you guys are correct in a way.....they can't be aimed PROPERLY.

By properly I mean they are not going down the road as far as a headlight system desing for them such as a projector Bean HID system.

But at the same time, they will give you better light quality...ie a cleaner light without the dull yellow tint.

But i defy you to come down the road at me and say your blinded....you won't be.

So come on guys really lets not be splitting hairs here...they will work....no your right not 100% properly, but they will "work", and can be aimed down so as not to blind someone.

Did you not see the video I posted? That explains exactly why you will be blinded. I have never seen a retrofitted system that did not do exactly what was in the video. You cannot change the bulb lighting position and not change the lens shape to refocus the reflective light. That is a fact, pure and simple.

You find a HID bulb that has the exact light specs and light emitting location as a halogen bulb and you will have a proper HID conversion bulb. This is the ONLY way you can do it. Physics.

Muffler: is for sound not emissons, please look up the word. If I put my hand over your mouth you voice is "muffled" not "catted".

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So I am going to be a hypocrite...

Yup, a hypocrite.

I'm going to buy a set of custom dual H.I.D. bulbs. Low and High beam
Gonna mount them in the factory Halogen headlamp reflectors and see/test/record/document the amount of light output, stray/bleeding light,
beam pattern, spread of light beam, etc.
Photo's from inside the vehicle looking out through the windshield with sock Halogen bulbs. Upgraded Halogen bulbs, and H.I.D. bulbs that have so much
controversy when it comes to retro fitting them into Halogen reflectors.

In all the years I have been on this forum I have never seen Photo's from inside a fellow Liberty owner's vehicle {member}, looking out through the windshield with their H.I.D. bulb upgrades.

My pet peeves are:
I get annoyed when ever I'm surrounded by people and light.

My other is people who think their message is special enough to warrant typing it in anything other than black standard print.

Oh, if you don't the bold italic letters?
Oh... Nevermind
You'd get offended.!
:D

j/k

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue is not if the driver can see, it's if the oncoming traffic can see. I passed 8 cars this morning with HID "kits" in them and evey one of them blinded me because of the flooding of light coming from the lenses. Every car that had OEM HID, did not.