Anti-freeze Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to change the antifreeze.

Been searching the web and the forum. I know I need HOAT antifreeze for the KJ. Been noticing people saying they got there antifreeze from NAPA. So I searched there.

Would this be acceptable to use in the KJ?
NAPA AUTO PARTS
Valvoline.com > Products > Zerex > Antifreeze Zerex > Zerex G-05® Antifreeze / Coolant

Would it be more Cost Effective to buy the 50/50 mix or to buy the full gallon of anti-freeze and buy dis-stilled water?

I plan on buying dis-stilled water either way to flush the system.

Thanks

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's what I use. I get the concentrated...more for your money that way. For the 50/50 half the price is water I guess.

Distilled water is what I use too.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
G-05 is the stuff. Buying it mixed just saves a little trouble. I like straight myself.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 50/50 is $11:49 a Gal and the concentrate is $16.99 a Gal. I can get dis-stilled water for about 80 cents. I did some math and going either way it would cost the same.

Now, how many Quarts? I been reading between 11-13 quarts. which is about 3 gallons give or take a quart.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on if you have HD cooling or not, someone correct me if I'm wrong

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think HD or non HD takes the same amount. Could check your manual, it should say.

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use premix for convenience. And in that way I will never have to worry if the mix is right.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, HD and standard cooling use the same amount to fill it up - IIRC the manual calls for 14 quarts. So almost 2 gallons of Zerex (7 quarts) and the same of distilled water if you're using the concentrate.

Bob

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online