Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could... But the performance won't be that great. I notice a huge difference in reception between the wife's car and my KJ. Her car has one of those half height shorty antenna's with the loading coil in the center, parked in the driveway i have 3-4 more stations than her. Usually that's not a problem as we like to use the iPod in either vehicle when we go somewhere, but just be aware that any reduction in antenna equals a reduction in reception. If you got a couple local stations that you listen to primarily it might not affect your overall performance much, but if you travel then it might drive you nuts.

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could... But the performance won't be that great. I notice a huge difference in reception between the wife's car and my KJ. Her car has one of those half height shorty antenna's with the loading coil in the center, parked in the driveway i have 3-4 more stations than her. Usually that's not a problem as we like to use the iPod in either vehicle when we go somewhere, but just be aware that any reduction in antenna equals a reduction in reception. If you got a couple local stations that you listen to primarily it might not affect your overall performance much, but if you travel then it might drive you nuts.
Thanks, we use a mp3 player also due to the fact that most stations play repeats all day;)

JUS 1 MO

Reaction score
I have one of those hidden antennas on my boat and it works pretty good, but not nearly as well as the full length antenna...

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, we use a mp3 player also due to the fact that most stations play repeats all day;)

Yeah same here... I will flip over to the radio at noon or in the evening around 5pm to catch the news, other than that i usually listen a bit in the morning in the winter time to catch any school announcements for the kids.

The radio stations around me have gotten pretty annoying lately. I bought a ipod adapter for the KJ and that keeps me from going nuts.

Members online