Antenna vs. Car Wash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that car wash with brushes that I have used has a sign about lowering or removing antennas, as I'm sure they can't afford to replace them!

I hand wash when it's not too cold, but when I do go to automatic wash, I usually go to one that just uses a sprayer. I did try out a brush washer recently (and I did remove the antenna!), and it didn't do a very good job either with all the curves the Liberty has. It didn't even clean around the rear tire at all.

So last week I have her a hand wash again... and then it snowed...

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hub/fender flares on my TJ have turned white from the wax in washes so I now wash the thing at a self wash. I've now learned to get your quarters worth at a self wash, the foam brush is the way to go.

as flyingpylon said:
"I prefer car washes with rags (as opposed to brushes) over the various touchless car washes. In my experience the touchless washes don't seem to get the vehicle completely clean... they leave a dirty film that requires something to actually touch the vehicle to get it off."

I found that just using the spray gun with soap didn't shine up the yellow but using the brush that actually scrubs gets the dirt n dust off. I usually have a roll of shop towels with me to touch up any tight spots the brush can't hit. Can get a 10-11min self wash for about 7-8bucks (outside only).

Also I remember the car wash at home has flappy things and brushes and in high school when I'd take the car there to was sometimes they'd take the antenna off. I took it off once before I got there and they freaked and were like did you have an antenna on there? They had a great deal--inside and out car wash w/ wax for about 8 bucks. Here in this college town they charge like $14 for the same and don't do half the job cleaning inside that the one at home does. ](*,)

Rudy

Reaction score
My 02 I got lucky it only bent back 5-10 degrees. When I went to get it replaced I found out that there were a few different types of antenna/thread combonations for the 02's. My current carwash just takes it off hands it to me and I put it back on when they are done. They even have the wrench ready to go, the same goes for my 05.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leave mine on too.... no problem. The only antenna i take off is the CB.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.