another whinning noise..lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usmc90

Reaction score
Its a 2010 with 80k miles and have never had any trouble with it mechanically..
Anyway the other day it started making a whinning noise ( notice from 15mph to 80mph) no vibration felt in steeering wheel or pedals or in seat of your pants?? that seems to be coming from (as best i can tell) the transfer case to front diff area but cant pin point.. AS luck would have it my brother lives 5 blocks from me and has a lift in his garage (awesome).. So anyway we put it up on the lift and start checking all the usual suspects for wear and play..Ie cv joints , wheeel bearings , front control arm bushings , front n rear drive shafts, front and rear pinions..NOTHING !!! its still running stock tires n wheels , rotated tires front to back ect. (no change).. im left thinking mesh-up in ring and pinions??? ANY thoughts? would this fall under the 100,000 mile power train??
Also wanted to add that even if doing say 45mph or more and put the vehicle in neutral and coast the noise is still there.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

usmc90

Reaction score
as much as it pains me to do so , I made an appt. at my local stealer for 7/1/2014..called them today and if its diff. noise its covered under powertrain.. I will post the finding s later that night.