Another 'More than 2.5 in' q.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think Warn would make a manual locker kit for the KJ.:confused:
They thought about it,then looked at a KJ and said no they will not be offering a hub kit for it due to the high cost.The KJ would need new knuckles,new CV's,and new bearings on top of the hub kit so you'd be looking at $2500+ easy,about $50,000 just for the prototype.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With what I have done and measured etc with 2.5 inch springs and the KK clevis it is too much, like tjkj said too much angle on the CVs, trust me I have had mine apart about ten times in the past week trying different things to see how it work. I have not gave up, still working on it, but no on the DD for the wife, would not last. NOW if you had a 2 wheel drive LOL

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, so lets not go that way then. would a half in spacer hurt it less? My wife is making me go crazy over this and I'm just used to my Tacoma being so high. I really don't know much about kjs...so bare with me and the demanding wife.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 15,000 miles on the OEM strut and the 3/4" Rusty's front poly spacer. I think I gained about 1.75" in the front from just that. Throw in two extra pair of upper isolators in the rear and you're fairly level.

Not huge, but for $75 it worked well enough for me!

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 15,000 miles on the OEM strut and the 3/4" Rusty's front poly spacer. I think I gained about 1.75" in the front from just that. Throw in two extra pair of upper isolators in the rear and you're fairly level.

Not huge, but for $75 it worked well enough for me!

Yeah, thing is that I already have 2.5 in and clevis but still looking for an .75 to an inch more to get levelwith the rear. I have no clue why its so high from the rear.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thing is that I already have 2.5 in and clevis but still looking for an .75 to an inch more to get levelwith the rear. I have no clue why its so high from the rear.

Because of the first post in this topic
you have a Crustys ,I mean Rustys spring lift and the springs in the front have sagged
If you have nothing but the springs in the rear that came with the kit then you need to raise the front but keep and eye on CV angles
I would get one of the upper strut spacers that they sell and try that it may be all you need