Another lift question (advice)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsincav

Reaction score
Looking to by a Suspension lift for my 07 liberty sport. I have been reading and searching in here about all of them. Everyone seems to have personal preferance, pros and cons, also. So if anyone can help what is a good lift to buy. I'm not affraid to spend a little money, just don't want to spend the money for something like the Frankenlift. I would like to get the best bang for my buck and less hassle in the long run. Any help would be great. By the way new to the jeep world.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you have already omitted the higher priced, but very popular and well rounded lift, you might want to look at the Rusty's Suspension lift. It is also a very popular lift but comes in about $200-300 less than the Frankenlift. What are your plans after the lift? Is your ride a daily driver? You can go pretty inexpensive if you don't mind sacrificing height (1.5" instead of 2.5-3" of lift). Let us know what you have already read about and are interested in.

rsincav

Reaction score
Yes it is a daily driver. Butu i am also a firm beleiver in 4 wheel drive vehicles should not ride like a Cadilac. Besides I owned Nissan Frontier and had a body lift, T-Bar crank, and rearched the rear leafs w/ an add a leaf. Had about 4.5" of lift running 33"s That was a bit of a rough ride. I am not ruling out the higher prices, just weighing my options. I don't want to be fixing things down the road. I was looking at Rusty's 2.5" Suspension. And the OME from Rocky road seems to have some complaints.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just go with OME coils and what ever struts shocks you want Try calling AllJs and talk to Heather about what you are looking for also she can help you out a bunch as well. I got my OME HDs from them and would never run anything else. Rustys will sag some over time due to not being as high a spring rate as OMEs . Stock springs are about 300LB , Rustys are 310, OME Mediums are 375 and Heavy Dutys are 400 I did my lift for $460.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the OME from Rocky road seems to have some complaints.

It's usually not the lift they're complaining about (regarding the OME, anyway. The OTT lift is crap, though) RRO, the company itself, has received many complaints, though. They still owe me almost $200 from 7 months ago.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I try not to even think, read or mention RRO as they are not very ...well good to deal with but OME is not only sold by them which is what some people think. OMEs are the best coils out there IMO they are designed for ride first and then lift.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go with OME coils and what ever struts shocks you want Try calling AllJs and talk to Heather about what you are looking for also she can help you out a bunch as well. I got my OME HDs from them and would never run anything else. Rustys will sag some over time due to not being as high a spring rate as OMEs . Stock springs are about 300LB , Rustys are 310, OME Mediums are 375 and Heavy Dutys are 400 I did my lift for $460.

What he said or get a frankenlift.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if ur going strctly for looks i recommend the dayster spacer lift. if u want to do it right get the frankenlift. from the sound of ur last rig u have the $ dont cheap out and disapoint ur self. if ur really that limited on $, dont lift it, ur maintenence liability is too high for u to b off roading in places u need the lift if u cant afford the lift in first place! just enjoy it stock, your jk still kicks butt stock, ive seen stockers go all kinda places..... or pony up and get a good lift!

the ball joints on kjs are not known for thier ruggedness... spacers afford u less articulation than full lift... many lifts can cause ball joint failure or premauture wear, but may not.... upgradeds to a arms is also an option, to combat the stock ball joints, but with todays franken lift, i dont think a arms are required.

this is all imho, so no one pounce on me if i just dis'ed your ride =D research, call venders, post.... run stock till u flat out cant anymore, know what ur stock kj can and cant do, then baised on what u know months from now, make the call.... dont take anyones word for it either.....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
althogh, u can take our words for it, hehehehe =)

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a daily driver. Butu i am also a firm beleiver in 4 wheel drive vehicles should not ride like a Cadilac. Besides I owned Nissan Frontier and had a body lift, T-Bar crank, and rearched the rear leafs w/ an add a leaf. Had about 4.5" of lift running 33"s That was a bit of a rough ride. I am not ruling out the higher prices, just weighing my options. I don't want to be fixing things down the road. I was looking at Rusty's 2.5" Suspension. And the OME from Rocky road seems to have some complaints.

are/were you a member of nissan offroad.net?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I did the Rusty's 3/4" poly spacer on the front (netting 1.75" lift) and I put on 2 upper isolator pads on each shock assembly in the rear (I think that was just about .75"?). All in all it cost me $73 (without alignment).

I love the ride, it's just like stock. Yes, I like the stock ride - firm, but not harsh.

Only time will tell how well the stock shocks hold up, but I think they'll do OK. Even if I lose 20k miles off of them or something, big deal, I can replace them twice and be at the point of the $450 Rusty's lift.

That's where I am at, and I am happy with it. Not even close to smacking the ball joint and spring. If I really wanted, I could do a 3/8" Clevis and get a daystar puck for the rear. I haven't ruled that out yet and will re-evaluate when I get tires. I am thinking I'd like 245/75's. If I go that size over 245/70 and get rubbing, I'll adjust it.

rsincav

Reaction score
Yes i was and still am, same user name as well. I check in there every now and then. Why do you ask?No offense to anyone but next vehicle in a few years is going to a Titan.

rsincav

Reaction score
I am probably going to hold off for about a year, i want to wait and see if I will be deployed or not. So if i do go i will buy it before I return. If I do not go then I will buy it next summer. Either way probably next year.