Another KK lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyKK

Reaction score
I am pretty surprised as many times that this has been asked that there isn’t a sticky here in the KK lift section. I realize that the KJ’s use a lot of the same parts, but lots of confusion on rear springs and shocks 948 vs 731. There are lots of KJ posts in the KK thread. Did lots of searching and came up with what I think is a solid list, but would like to have someone’s blessing before pulling the trigger.

Will be going on a stock 2010 limited 4wd. I could care less about the amount of lift (although it will be handy) I’m looking for the ride quality and drivability

Front spring OME2927
Front Shock 24-139168 Bilstein 4600 heavy duty
Teraflex bump stop #1903200

Rear spring OME2731
Rear shock 24-185660 bilstein 5100 lifted shock for wrangler
4 hockey pucks 2 per side

Please if this is wrong please correct me as I’m just regurgitating numbers from old threads. And if there are any recommendations on different spring shock combo’s I am all ears. As stated this will be mainly a highway driver for my wife and don’t really need lots of lift, but if that is the best option for ride I am ok with it.

Thanks in advance

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much have it there
will need 2 3/8 inch bolts 2.25 inches long with washers and nuts to bolt down rear hockey pucks
Never sure why anyone thinks there is a real difference between just highway driving and going off road
I've always did upgraded suspension for highway driving foremost since we all or most DD ours and also have to get to a trail somehow. LOL
But do that will get a solid 2.5 inch lift and ride will be a 100 times better than it was brand new with stock, weak suspension

LibertyKK

Reaction score
Tom, I appreciate your reply! Being an ex TJ, and KJ owner I used to spent much of my time over at lost(almost 15 years ago). And some of the build ideas seemed to be very unfriendly for highway use I thought that it would be worth my time to mention that this kk was going to spend 99% of its time pounding pavement. Thanks for checking my part numbers, and I look forward to getting this thing driving as it should as my fender to hub measurement is 17 1/4 :eek:. Again I appreciate the info and will report back!

Last edited:

LibertyKK

Reaction score
And the order has been put in.
Also have a set of Terraflex bump stops on order #1903200 cross referenced same as KK

Attachments

• E98ABF28-02F2-46C4-8A0A-CE09302FF47E.jpeg
    E98ABF28-02F2-46C4-8A0A-CE09302FF47E.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 53

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, I appreciate your reply! Being an ex TJ, and KJ owner I used to spent much of my time over at lost(almost 15 years ago). And some of the build ideas seemed to be very unfriendly for highway use I thought that it would be worth my time to mention that this kk was going to spend 99% of its time pounding pavement. Thanks for checking my part numbers, and I look forward to getting this thing driving as it should as my fender to hub measurement is 17 1/4 :eek:. Again I appreciate the info and will report back!
I used to be a MOD over on LOST for years as well ,
Im sure my handle is still floating around over there somewhere
Used to like it more than here,but times have changed

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to be a MOD over on LOST for years as well ,
Im sure my handle is still floating around over there somewhere
Used to like it more than here,but times have changed

LibertyKK

Reaction score
Got the lift installed, and have have about 300 miles on it. Jeep drives great! A little stiff to me, but my last 200k miles have been in a dually Duramax. That being said I would 100% do it again, and look forward to getting it broke in. Will post an after picture later today.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online