Another hubcap question .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 CHROME 02 07 Jeep Liberty 16 Wheel Skins Hub Cap Tire Covers Spare Steel Rim | eBay

Anyone ever purchased these ? They fit on factory steel wheels . I would like to know if wheel weights on the rim of the wheel would prevent using these . I asked the ebay seller & didn't get an answer .
Can stick on weights on the inside of the wheel if needed solve all balance issues as well as weights on the rim of the wheel ? My 05 has alloy wheels & were balanced with all clip on weights on the inside rim but I'm not sure it will work out that way with these steel wheels . These steel wheels now have clip on weights on both sides .

Don't know why some links are colored & some not but the above link works .

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen them on KJs before and I don't think there's an issue. They don't really fit over the bead snug, they are snug more in the center I think. There's a bit of a gap around the circumference. Lots of vehicles run hub caps.

As for only sticking weights on the inside, great if that's all it takes, but my wheels wouldn't balance right until they stuck weights on the outside.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine the first day I bought here shiny hub caps and all. Needless to say those went bye bye quick.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They usually fall off first time offroad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am trying to get rid of three of them cause one fell off. Wheel weights can effect them and how well they stay on. If there is a wheel weight in the way of one of the clips it will rattle all of the time and become annoying. Not worth it in my opinion.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding folks . I have decided not to buy those . Think I'll just clean up the steel wheels & paint them until I find a good used set of alloys .