Amp issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer DEHP3600MP head unit. It has two sets of RCA outputs (F and R) and I have had a Sony Xplode AMP connected to the rear RCA outs on the head unit. Everything has been working until recently.

The problem I have is there is a tremendous loud click, pop and buzz noise coming from the sub, even when the radio is turned down low. It's loud, depending on how high the amp adjustments are. The amp has 2 led lights to show noise levels and it is all the way lit up. I remove the RCA cables and no crazy clicks, pops, buzz's, and the amp LED levels go down. I plug the Right (red) RCA cable in and the amp LED's indicate a level of noise (but no noise is coming from the speakers or sub). I remove the Right (red) RCA cable and plug the Left (White) RCA cable in and BOOM! Everything is loud and crazy. I tried a different set of RCA cables and the same problem occcured. I checked my power cable, and ground cable to ensure everything was tidy. Any suggestions?

I have been told:

• A.) Bad RCA wires
    B.) Poor grounding
    C.) Remote Wire issue
    D.) Amp is bad
    E.) Head Unit RCA outputs are bad

zot72

Reaction score
blckkj said:
I tried a different set of RCA cables and the same problem occcured. I checked my power cable, and ground cable to ensure everything was tidy. Any suggestions?

Try flipping the left and right channels — since you've tested for bad cables, that will tell you which end of the cable your problem is on.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some more tests and found that my Head Unit may be the problem. I think the RCA outs on it are not functioning right. I will have figured out this coming week because I'm installing new door speakers and my sub.

Thanks!