Amp Grounding?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HondaxPower

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a 05 libby and i wanted to install my 300watt max amp, i would like to keep the amp hidden so i was thinking under the drivers side, back seat, but i was just wondering where a good location to ground it off too something close. and i know your not supposed to ground off to seat bolts. so where have you guys grounded off your amps?! thanks!

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used seat belt bolts in the past, however that was not in a jeep, and I don't know how the Jeep seat belts are set up, so I don't know if that'll work or not. If you do that though, make sure you get them torqued properly when you re-tighten.

The self tapping screw idea sounds like a good one. It would be a nice solid ground...just make sure you sand down the paint on the seat bracket (if there is any) where the wire will make contact.

Adam

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not like the confined space under the seat, felt like it would trap heat, plus you can mount it behind the rear seats it will still be out of the way unless you frequently fold the rear seats, but even with that it still works fine (I folded my seats and carried ikea furniture, just put a pillow on top of the amp, and kept the radio off) Good luck.

timmyb457

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seat bolts work just fine. and i never have any problem with overheating the amp with it under the seat

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Amp is in a completely open location and overheats.. Then again I'm pushing 1000w into a 12" W7.. And Sony Xplod amps suck.