Amp availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deep6blue

Reaction score
The stock 2004 Limited alternator put out 136 amps. The 2004 Renegade puts out 160.

Does anyone know how amps are available on the Limited for extra lights and such? I'm sure there is some available, just not sure how much.

I would like to add some Hella 500's (55watts each= ~4.5 amps each) but am unsure about the available power.

There may also be some extra electrical accessories in the future. So this info is nice to have.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
From my expierence, the 136 amp alternator will power 6 hella 500's, 2 hella FF75, and the stock headlights & stock foglights, And also a 2000 watt stereo system with ease.

If you looking for more power, then I would look into a Mean Green Alternator, which is about 200 amps output.

Bennett

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
And also a 2000 watt stereo system with ease.

Oh, thats you that drives by my house at 2am with the stereo blasting. Knock it off, dude, woudjya?

:wav:

-Blu

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
BluPhant said:
Bennett said:
And also a 2000 watt stereo system with ease.

Oh, thats you that drives by my house at 2am with the stereo blasting. Knock it off, dude, woudjya?

:wav:

-Blu

That's probably me! :headbang: lol.

Bennett

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett,
Where did you get your Hella 500's from? I'm thinking about following your lead & getting 2 pairs. Maybe we can have a jeepkj group buy if there is enough interest.
Thanks bud.
- Joe

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 5 bucks that says Bennett will eventually be looking into the euro tails with foglights in them (if he hasn't alreaedy)

-Blu

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would love to have back up lights, i have to do so much backing up in this stupid town its silly. i usually have to open the door b/c i cant see a thing out my back window with all that tint!!

deep6blue

Reaction score
I've got extra back-up lights on my F150 and will be installing them on the Liberty when the tow package is installed.

They are a great addition.

I will post a How-to when they are installed.