Am I missing anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zinger

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a used '07 Libby a few months ago, and have been following this forum ever since. I'm beyond impressed with the wealth of knowledge amongst you guys. Anyways, the jeep has 81,*** miles and I'm ready to ditch the sagged stock suspension...time for a lift. I've tried to do my HW, but I'd like to run it by you guys before I go drop some $$$ so I can do this right the first time.

First off, am I missing anything from the below list? Any objections/concerns?

-OME 926 springs – front
-Rancho RSX 17505 struts – front
-OME 948 springs – rear
-Rancho RSX 17004 shocks – rear
-Teraflex extended front bump stops
-Extended rear bump stops
-Extended rear brake hose bracket

My second question...am I going to have problems with 926's (medium) up front and 948's (HD) in the rear? For clarity, this vehicle will be my DD. I do not anticipate putting on a bumper or winch, even skids are unlikely. I plan to add a roof basket, and occasionally have the back loaded down with camping stuff, wheeling equip, ice chest, etc. But on normal days, will this result in having significantly more lift in the rear?

Thanks in advance!

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Believe that combo will work,the Rev.Mudd will be along in the morn,better answers than I.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend getting some boiler plates for the front too. that will level you out. I think you're gonna look jacked up a little in the back. AND, that's coming from me who doesn't like the jacked up look. I think you will be happier with the look.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a used '07 Libby a few months ago, and have been following this forum ever since. I'm beyond impressed with the wealth of knowledge amongst you guys. Anyways, the jeep has 81,*** miles and I'm ready to ditch the sagged stock suspension...time for a lift. I've tried to do my HW, but I'd like to run it by you guys before I go drop some $$$ so I can do this right the first time.

First off, am I missing anything from the below list? Any objections/concerns?

-OME 926 springs – front IWOULD USE 927's
-Rancho RSX 17505 struts – front NO STRUTS WE HAVE SHOCKS IN FRONT
-OME 948 springs – rear OK
-Rancho RSX 17004 shocks – rear OK
-Teraflex extended front bump stops OK
-Extended rear bump stops USE HOCKEY PUCKS TWO PER SIDE CHEAP AND WORK GREAT
-Extended rear brake hose bracket

My second question...am I going to have problems with 926's (medium) up front and 948's (HD) in the rear? For clarity, this vehicle will be my DD. I do not anticipate putting on a bumper or winch, even skids are unlikely. I plan to add a roof basket, and occasionally have the back loaded down with camping stuff, wheeling equip, ice chest, etc. But on normal days, will this result in having significantly more lift in the rear?

Thanks in advance!

I always have to laugh when someone says this will be my DD, most are on here and on LOST JEEPS. I know of several here in OHIO lifted and have over 150,000 miles on them so we drive them daily!
Go with the HDs you'll be fine, if you want more than 2-2.5 inches over new stock height then there are some tricks for extra. Measure where you are now from the middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare, will let you know then about where you'll be after

Last edited:

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOPS...

Tom, you got the front spring part number wrong. I think you meant 927 for HD front. Though I used the 926 (med) and am perfectly happy with these (no additional front bumper or winch).

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 926/948 combo with the RSX shocks, and love the ride....however i do sit about 1" lower in the front than in the rear. kind of bugs me, but eventually i will do the top plates. for now, i'm saving for tires and a locker. :)

Zinger

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input everyone. It sounds like the consensus is to go with the 927's up front, so that's what I did. And by consensus I mean tommudd :rolleyes:.

So here's what I ordered:

OME 927's and 948's
Rancho 17505's
Bilstein BE5-2790-HO's
Tereflex front extended bump stops

I thought xloffroad.com still had the 17004's, but they sold out last week. Opted to go with the Bilsteins. Now I just gotta wait until it all gets here, talk about being antsy.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome! have fun putting it in. that's one other thing i heard about the 927's, is they are a ****** to get compressed enough to get them assembled.

but, it is definitely worth it! the new ride is amazing!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, ThunderbirdJunkie has 927s up front, and he feels they are not stiff enough. That's without a bumper/winch :p