What am i missing to lift my 06 KJ Renegade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin Jackson

Reaction score
Gents,
I have a 2007 Liberty KJ, 3.7 l, no mods.
I bought it only for fun in the desert ( I live in Abu Dhabi), but its bottoming out very easily, very large thuds when I hit the bottom of the dunes.

Having read the many, many threads regarding lift kits, I am confused! There are so many opinions on there, so many different kits, I am lost.

Rocky Road Rockfather kits seems to be a big no-no as far as I can tell.

As I live in Abu Dhabi, its going to get costly to ship anything to me, so would be much easier if I simply picked up a kit with everything in that I need, instead of shopping around and ordering parts form three or four suppliers. And I wont be able to find any hockey pucks locally! lol

I don't want a kit with new control arms, as the shipping costs would get ridiculous.
Was thinking of just putting spaces in, but that does not seem to be the right way to go, and I think my springs and shocks are already badly worn and a bit saggy.
Can anyone recommend an all-in-one kit that has everything I would need from one supplier?
this is just for occasional fun in the desert, so I don't need the best equipment on the market that will cost me more than what I paid for the car!

Any advice is most appreciated!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find OME shocks and springs from a single supplier, a rubber mallet head split in half can sub as hockey pucks. Then all you would need is front teraflex bump stops, which might come from the same place as the springs and shocks depending on where you order them. I have no idea who would ship to you, but I believe OME comes out of Australia if that helps.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Gents,
I have a 2007 Liberty KJ, 3.7 l, no mods.
I bought it only for fun in the desert ( I live in Abu Dhabi), but its bottoming out very easily, very large thuds when I hit the bottom of the dunes.

Having read the many, many threads regarding lift kits, I am confused! There are so many opinions on there, so many different kits, I am lost.

Rocky Road Rockfather kits seems to be a big no-no as far as I can tell.

As I live in Abu Dhabi, its going to get costly to ship anything to me, so would be much easier if I simply picked up a kit with everything in that I need, instead of shopping around and ordering parts form three or four suppliers. And I wont be able to find any hockey pucks locally! lol

I don't want a kit with new control arms, as the shipping costs would get ridiculous.
Was thinking of just putting spaces in, but that does not seem to be the right way to go, and I think my springs and shocks are already badly worn and a bit saggy.
Can anyone recommend an all-in-one kit that has everything I would need from one supplier?
this is just for occasional fun in the desert, so I don't need the best equipment on the market that will cost me more than what I paid for the car!

Any advice is most appreciated!

ALLJs ( www.boulderbars.com ) Talk to Heather ( co-owner ) she will fix you up