All Aluminum Radiators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried out these all aluminum radiators I found on ebay?

Searching yielded little to nothing relating to all aluminum rads, other than folks stating they don't exist for the KJ.

Made by GPI Racing, this listing includes a fan, but I would probably just keep mine as later today I am upgrading to HD cooling.

aluminum radiator +FAN FOR Jeep Liberty KJ 3.7L V6 A/T 2002-2006 2003 2004 2005 | eBay

Their sales page doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy's, so I purchased el cheapo for now. When it fails, I will probably go for one of these all aluminum, but wanted to see what folks here thought about them while I wait for the inevitable.

I am mainly concerned about their shipping terms. Item location says San Bernardino CA, but in the text they state item as coming direct from manufacturer in China, and that taxes and import fees will add on to shipping costs. Sounds like it might get stuck in customs for a period of time, if not exported correctly (and they list on their page that they aren't exporter).

What do you think? Anyone tried one yet? How was the shipping process?

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says item is in Ca . & lower in the listing it says other countries will be shipped to from china . I would use the ask the seller a question feature & see if the item is in Ca. or not .

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM HD cooling that comes with the towing package also has an extra large engine shroud that you wouldn't be getting with that kit.

That aluminum radiator is expensive. How much is the OEM radiator? Then compare.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried out these all aluminum radiators I found on ebay?

Searching yielded little to nothing relating to all aluminum rads, other than folks stating they don't exist for the KJ.

Made by GPI Racing, this listing includes a fan, but I would probably just keep mine as later today I am upgrading to HD cooling.

aluminum radiator +FAN FOR Jeep Liberty KJ 3.7L V6 A/T 2002-2006 2003 2004 2005 | eBay

Their sales page doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy's, so I purchased el cheapo for now. When it fails, I will probably go for one of these all aluminum, but wanted to see what folks here thought about them while I wait for the inevitable.

I am mainly concerned about their shipping terms. Item location says San Bernardino CA, but in the text they state item as coming direct from manufacturer in China, and that taxes and import fees will add on to shipping costs. Sounds like it might get stuck in customs for a period of time, if not exported correctly (and they list on their page that they aren't exporter).

What do you think? Anyone tried one yet? How was the shipping process?

A few on some of the FAKEBOOK websites have tried them, bragging about them but none have owned them for more than a few weeks. As we all know , anything can last a few weeks.
All have been shipped from China.
Some did have issues with mounting them since mounting locations were off a bit etc.
For me when I need one, I just go to MOPAR

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son has on his wrangler - Less than a year old and leaking - warranty from them is not happening - just more China junk. I did warn him but he failed to listen - now going with OEM...

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen an aftermarket radiator that was rated for 16 psi. They are all mostly rated for 12 and will blow almost immediately, I just put in a mopar one which has a 2 year warranty and is WAAY better quality than the cheap one I removed.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies.

The Radiator I put in is a Spectra Premium. Has a 2 year warranty as well, but I did not see anything specifying its pressure rating (12 or 16psi). Just the usual marketing tagline "OE design to ensure exact fit, form and function for an easy drop-in installation".

Along with this radiator, I upgraded to HD cooling system (new electric fan, new mech. fan and clutch). Now I am considering a set of the run-cool hood louvers. The thought of cutting the hood is a bit nerve wracking though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies.

The Radiator I put in is a Spectra Premium. Has a 2 year warranty as well, but I did not see anything specifying its pressure rating (12 or 16psi). Just the usual marketing tagline "OE design to ensure exact fit, form and function for an easy drop-in installation".

Along with this radiator, I upgraded to HD cooling system (new electric fan, new mech. fan and clutch). Now I am considering a set of the run-cool hood louvers. The thought of cutting the hood is a bit nerve wracking though.

On the hood louvers be careful of where you install them.
Buddy wanted to one up me ( running the Pontiac GTP hood louvers ) with the Run Cools, everytime it rained he had to pull the plugs and dry them and the coils
And the two year warranty, well...........
Buddy, ( same one with the run cools ) had a warranty as well, after 11 replacements in two years he gave up and bought MOPAR

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the hood louvers be careful of where you install them.
Buddy wanted to one up me ( running the Pontiac GTP hood louvers ) with the Run Cools, everytime it rained he had to pull the plugs and dry them and the coils

You have seen where mine are placed and never once had a issue with water messing with the coils and it's been rainy like crazy here for weeks and no issues,but never a issue regardless for the 8+ years I've had them on.

Then again I also power wash my engine every Sunday with zero issues so a bit of dripping water will not do anything.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys with hood vents (or wanting to install them), do your under-hood temps really get THAT high that they are necessary? Or is it half functionality and half they look cool?

Serious question- I've personally never had overheating issues on my KJ, all stock cooling.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys with hood vents (or wanting to install them), do your under-hood temps really get THAT high that they are necessary? Or is it half functionality and half they look cool?

Serious question- I've personally never had overheating issues on my KJ, all stock cooling.

Cooling plus look cool
While out 4 wheeling when it is cold and you stop you can see the heat coming up out of the vents which to me is great

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have seen where mine are placed and never once had a issue with water messing with the coils and it's been rainy like crazy here for weeks and no issues,but never a issue regardless for the 8+ years I've had them on.

Then again I also power wash my engine every Sunday with zero issues so a bit of dripping water will not do anything.

Yes yours work good, Chris even tried new MOPAR coils while it helped still did not take care of the issues. Anytime looked like rain he had a towel he had to cover the engine with

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes yours work good, Chris even tried new MOPAR coils while it helped still did not take care of the issues. Anytime looked like rain he had a towel he had to cover the engine with

Eeck... sounds like a good way to start a fire!

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhh... I have herculiner on my hood, never overheated, but maybe now I will off road with the hood cracked open hahhaa

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh... I have herculiner on my hood, never overheated, but maybe now I will off road with the hood cracked open hahhaa

More for getting all that heat produced by the engine another way to escape.
When driving down the road of course the air rushing around through the Jeep helps pull it away.
But when crawling along on a trail for example the heat sits there a lot longer.
So its not a matter of the radiator boiling over for example , its having an escape for the hot air in the engine bay itself.

Hear that a lot though, well mines never overheated, well.....................
I've ran some sort of louvers on the 04 KJ/all 3 XJs, the YJ, all 3 early Broncos, for example

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I will install louvers before new coat of herculiner haha,

Also the previous owner removed the rubber baffles to replace the radiator, so that should give me some extra airflow. .. ( insert gun to head emoji here )

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More for getting all that heat produced by the engine another way to escape.
When driving down the road of course the air rushing around through the Jeep helps pull it away.
But when crawling along on a trail for example the heat sits there a lot longer.
So its not a matter of the radiator boiling over for example , its having an escape for the hot air in the engine bay itself.

Hear that a lot though, well mines never overheated, well.....................
I've ran some sort of louvers on the 04 KJ/all 3 XJs, the YJ, all 3 early Broncos, for example
I actually lied/was wrong, I overheated due to an ect failure plus other issues

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I will install louvers before new coat of herculiner haha,

Also the previous owner removed the rubber baffles to replace the radiator, so that should give me some extra airflow. .. ( insert gun to head emoji here )

The rubber " baffles " are what channel the air into the radiator going down the road, should really be in there.