Alignment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will there be any alignment problems with my new OME lift? I will be using 926 springs, 1/2" clevis spacers as well as 1/4" strut spacers from JBA. I live in a small town with very few alignment options. The local Les Schwab would not even compress my springs because it was lift related. :thumbsdown:

There are a couple of other small shops that have alignment racks and I will most likely take it to one of them. I just want to be prepared when someone says they can't align it because of blah, blah, blah.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Will there be any alignment problems with my new OME lift? I will be using 926 springs, 1/2" clevis spacers as well as 1/4" strut spacers from JBA. I live in a small town with very few alignment options. The local Les Schwab would not even compress my springs because it was lift related. :thumbsdown:

There are a couple of other small shops that have alignment racks and I will most likely take it to one of them. I just want to be prepared when someone says they can't align it because of blah, blah, blah.

If they do walk away, you don't want them to even try. Mines only been aligned by a small shop that has 3 mechanics each with 30 years plus of good old fashioned knowledge . Never an issues and most of the ones i lifted were also done there

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, I found a small two man shop here in town that are compressing the springs, mounting/balancing the new tires/rims, and will be doing the alignment after I get the fronts on. Nice guys that gladly took the work.

Anyway, while I have a couple of days to wait, would I need to cut any metal away from the area under the upper control arm mounts for clearance? I saw a thread where someone had done that, but not sure if it is needed or not. The lift is OME shocks, OME med springs, 1/2" clevis spacers and 1/4" upper plates.

edit: sorry, I just realized this is in the KK forum.

Last edited: