Alignment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Getting new tires within the next month, will be getting an alignment then too. I was thinking about taking the clevis lift a little higher. Will it be ok to run it misaligned (due to messing with the clevis) for a month until I get the new tires/alignment? I do have to drive it on the highway often. Just wondering. Thanks.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me no it will change you camber and toe witch will cause tire wear and handle oddly most likely more on the highway. Now that your getting new tires the wear my not bother you but it will handle poorly. Maybe if I wasn't going to be on the highway I might.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not so much the camber angle and wear on the tires you need to consider - its how it performs on the road. When I added 3" of lift and drove it w/out an alignment on the stock tiny tires, it drove relatively straight but hitting potholes and braking hard made things interesting. Your contact patch on the road is reduced, the increase in caster "lightens" the steering a lot, and it just felt very squirrely over all. But that was with 3" of lift, worn stock sized tires and no removing and re-installing control arms or steering linkage. But things were definitely out of alignment, not just the camber and caster.

If you're just throwing on a couple clevis rings, I think you'd be ok. Just be aware of any changes in handling, steering and braking before you get into a tight spot...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online