Air Pressure for best performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love having the EVIC tell me the tire pressure. What a cool feature! But I am saying that now, before I have rotated my tires and have had to manually reset the EVIC. Should be fun! wink.gif

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVIC

how do you know that EVIC is telling the accurate pressure? Maybe it's part of the conspiracy too! [-X

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVIC

how do you know that EVIC is telling the accurate pressure? Maybe it's part of the conspiracy too! [-X

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: EVIC

lightfoot44 said:

Computers lie, lol? ssst.gif

Usually, I use a hand held electric reader along with the EVIC. They seem to be right on together. As much as tire pressure fluctuates, if I set them to 34 to 36 cold, that should be fine. Not to rub it in, but having this option on the Limited is AWESOME!

(band) (band2) emoticondancer.gif

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats alot of little guys and things. Yea, having the evic tire pressure thing is great. I use a digital reader from radio shack, and what ever i set it to, the evic has the same thing, so i think im good on psi. I put about 34-35 in mine, I try to have them the same, so when i look at them in the evic, there all 34, hehe.

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the manufacturer says 33

why not just keep it at 33psi? ...it's what the manufacturer recommends for stock tires.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: the manufacturer says 33

lightfoot44 said:
why not just keep it at 33psi? ...it's what the manufacturer recommends for stock tires.

Those pressures are calibrated for the best ride in the opinion of the manufactuer. However, it is possible to slightly improve the mileage by upping the air pressure. Some also see some handling benefits.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: the manufacturer says 33

lightfoot44 said:

yet another consipracy...heh...
they put in tire pressure somewhat below the tire's ratings for 'plushier' ride
I've seen a good mileage gain on higher tire pressure, closer to that of the tires max limit....

there is a whole science to PSI....if u want to get down to it, there are even recommended pressure for rwd, fwd, and awd vehicles.....and all under different situations too...