Aftermarket Fog Light help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I decided to put some fog lights in my 2006 Liberty. Instead of the Mopar lights I went and got some 55 Watt 3.5 Inch driving lights with the intent of mounting them in same area Mopar lights would go. Once I took the grill off and tried a rough placement I ran into a few issues. Is there an easy way to remove the cup that the factory fog lights would sit in? Does anyone know if any continuous contact from these lights will damage the plastic grill? Any suggestions on making the install a little less of a pain.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't see an issue with the heat from the lights, they are 55watts instead of the 45's that it has in it originally. Not much of a heat diffrence.
I got 65 watters in my original fogs. Just used a 9005 instead. And yeah they are way better.:D Oh........and I haven't seen an issue of the heat in mine.

As far as the cup for your lights, your fogs are in the grill right? It maybe easier in the long run to take the grill out. You may end up doing that anyways. It looks pretty tight seeing where they're mounted. Damn now I gotta go out and look . I will see if it's easier to go in thru the top or bottom.

Well after closer inspection, I think the best is to pop the grill out. Your fogs should be either be right there mounted to the rad support, or attached the back of the grill. I didn't see much room if you went down thru by the headlight, and to much ice and snow under mine to see up from the bottom. I think I would try the grill first.

Last edited:

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to mount them on the outside for the grill. It was a lot easier that way.
You must be registered for see images attach