Aftermarket Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you with aftermarket exhaust, could you post up your experiences with what you have? Im pretty sure I have an exhaust leak somewhere and I figured I would just upgrade while im under there. Been looking around and I think the borla looks like the winner.

What are yall running and what do you wish you were running or are you happy with what you have?

Mine is an 02 sport btw.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
Flowmaster super 44. I've had it on my KJ and jk. It's been great. Sounds good, increase power a bit and mileage by 1-2 depending how you drive

Sent via row boat

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Flowmasters have a bad drone at highway speeds, ok if you don't go on long trips
magnaflow makes some good ones, nice rumble but not so much that it drones or you can't talk inside

BrandonM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was the other system I had my eye on... the magnaflow looked and was priced pretty nicely.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
Flowmasters have a bad drone at highway speeds, ok if you don't go on long trips
magnaflow makes some good ones, nice rumble but not so much that it drones or you can't talk inside

Every time I post about my exhaust you say that. Next time I come to your area ill let you take the jeep on the highway and see for your self. And it's louder in this with less insulation than the kj

Sent via row boat

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I post about my exhaust you say that. Next time I come to your area ill let you take the jeep on the highway and see for your self. And it's louder in this with less insulation than the kj

Sent via row boat
I'll agree with Tom that the flowmasters are pretty crappy,lot's better choices for alot less $$$.

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
I've had a few different setups now.

My libby is the 3.7l, if it makes a difference.

Started with the stock muffler, just added a tip to the end of the pipe (was mainly for looks), only noticeable when the car was started, besides that, nothing.

Next was a Flowmaster Super 44. Was much louder at startup, a nice low rumble. Bad drone on the highway, I had no problem with it but my family members found it to be extremely disruptive.

About 4 months after installing said flowmaster, one of the clamps I had used rusted out and it came loose and got torn to pieces.

Next was a straight pipe dumped out where the stock muffler flange was welded on.
Loved the sound, hated that it rattled everything 5 ways to sunday.

Next was a Cherrybomb Glasspack (3.5"), it was much quieter than the Super 44, I hardly noticed a difference between the glasspack and the stock muffler. No drone.

The cherrybomb came off rather quickly, it was simply too quiet for me.

Next came another straightpipe, this time I threw a 45 degree bend on the pipe, where the flange for the stock muffler was.

Vibrates everything less than the straight dumped exhaust, I was planning on having it exit at the OEM location but the piece of exhaust tubing I had flanged was about 1" too short. No drone at all.

Have yet to get another piece flanged, its been a few weeks but I'll get to it eventually.

BrandonM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove stock muffler,install glasspack. Sounds great.

While Im sure that would probably the cheapest route to take, I really am heading in the direction of a full system. Well, full as in cat back, so not a true "full" system. Again, Im pretty sure I have a leak somewhere near the cat, just havent pinpointed it yet.

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sent via row boat

I have to agree, with the windows down and no music, the wind noise is louder than the drone. With windows up and moderate volume on music, I don't hear the drone.

To me, it's louder driving in the city (10MPH-30MPH).

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Punch in Flowmaster and droning and see what all you get
But whatever trips your trigger, for me mine got so loud and annoying I took it off and tossed

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it loud :) I blast my music as loud as the stock head unit goes anyway. I think it's my next upgrade. Does it really get you 1-2 MPGs better? I thought that was urban legend. But if it's true, that makes me want it more.

dregon2

Reaction score
i am just starting my research on Muffler Systems, well cat back systems anyway. I even gave Headers a thought or two. my eyes have zero'd into the Magnaflow 15870 for my 06 liberty. what are your thoughts on the magnaflow brand? certianly dont think passengers would like a drone, but my next moves would be towards a stereo upgrade.

808inthe949

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. Which magnaflow muffler is recommended? Is there a different in engine/exhaust systems between an 05 KJ 3.7 and an 05 WK 3.7? I'd like to put a magnaflow on both of them but not sure if the same part number would apply

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. Which magnaflow muffler is recommended? Is there a different in engine/exhaust systems between an 05 KJ 3.7 and an 05 WK 3.7? I'd like to put a magnaflow on both of them but not sure if the same part number would apply
You must be registered for see images attach