Aftermarket differential cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty sweet. Now if only it came in blue..... Lol I'll probably just paint it with a rubber undercoating like I will be the rest of the undercarraige

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the Ruffstuff - with drain plug. Been on about 3 years and fine so far. Takes nearly an extra litre of oil.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a Ruffstuff and a couple of others on mine, ended up with a Crane , won't sell it

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quadratec also has the Riddler cover for the 8.25. Ductile iron instead of Cromo. bout 30 bucks cheaper.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crane and riddler diff covers look exactly alike. I'm guessing the chromoly steel is a far stronger and superior product then the ductile iron?

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the crane is stronger but either are stronger then stamped steel from stock.

Crane also was nice enough to provide input into modeling aspect of this article http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-BV60/index4.html

Again its all dana 60 stuff as per usual and less applicable for this app but for similar dollars on a cover, they would get my money.

At the bottom of that page they also review the D60 diff cover. Bit on customer service is nice too.

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Solid cover looks really durable and is half the price of the riddler and 1/3 of the crane. Hmmm decisions decisions..