after swap 242 TF full time indicator doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r0bert38

Reaction score
Problem: after swap 242 TC full time indicator doesn't work

Hello everybody !!!
I've swapped TC 242. Everything is OK.... but is only one problem :) -FT indicator light on dashboard doesn't light .... - green LED FT is OK (every dashboard bulbs and leds tested). Are there different wires or something ? Maybe I should flesh PCM ? Did anybody fight with it ???
PS. In our Jeep dealer in Wrocław nobody knows what to do :)))....
BTW: Sorry for my English ....

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will not turn on due to your computers don't know it's there.Good luck with the 242 behind the manual trans,will have some fun driving when in full time.There is a reason they never put the 242 behind a manual trans due to driveability issues while in full time.

r0bert38

Reaction score
TC Swap took a place one month ago... I haven't noticed any problems with driveability when I use (almost every day ) full time mode .... with NV3500 trans .... - The best is that I can drive on slippery roads and highways :). I don't understand why Chrysler didn't install TC 242 with manual trans ... but I don't believe that reason was: drive ability... ???
BTW: I know many people who swapped TC (231-242) and they drive cars with manual trans (Jeeps with Engines: 4.0 and 2.5 diesel) - they haven't any problems with drive abilities too. Only one: FT indicator on dashboard :)).
In Cherokee XJ this problem they solved by changing wires between TC sensor and dashboard .... I suppose that in KJ problem is with PCM ....but I don't know what to do with this ...:( - Should I flesh my computer or put in my KJ other PCM from car with TC242 (but with automatic trans ...:( ) ????

Last edited: