Advise on lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gareth Williams

Reaction score
Hi all after some advise I have 2004 liberty/Cherokee here in the uk
I have fitted old man emu shocks and springs and new wheels and tyres 255/70/16 A/T also have 50mm spacers
I’ve knocked back seam welds but tyres are still rubbing, front bumper mostly.
Would getting rock road extended control arms help solve the rubbing and if so are the any other upgrades you would recommend. Iam going to upgrade the bumper to an Arb in the future

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hi all after some advise I have 2004 liberty/Cherokee here in the uk
I have fitted old man emu shocks and springs and new wheels and tyres 255/70/16 A/T also have 50mm spacers
I’ve knocked back seam welds but tyres are still rubbing, front bumper mostly.
Would getting rock road extended control arms help solve the rubbing and if so are the any other upgrades you would recommend. Iam going to upgrade the bumper to an Arb in the future
Do not get the RRO UCAs. Get the JBAs. What shocks and springs did you put in? (part#s)

Gareth Williams

Reaction score
Hi they are medium loads springs and shocks on the front and medium shock
Light springs on rear it’s a 3.7petrol
I’ve just noticed that they now come with optional front be upper strut mounts which I guess would increase the lift at the front , do you think these wold help with rubbing on the front or should I still look to upgrade UCA

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hi they are medium loads springs and shocks on the front and medium shock
Light springs on rear it’s a 3.7petrol
I’ve just noticed that they now come with optional front be upper strut mounts which I guess would increase the lift at the front , do you think these wold help with rubbing on the front or should I still look to upgrade UCA
Don’t think that would help, but if you plan to add the ARB bumper you are gonna need the high load springs in the front.

Anyway to continue on your issue at hand, measure from the center of the axel to the bottom of the fender flares on each side. Might want to post some photos too.

With the 50mm spacers you mentioned, are those wheel or strut spacers?

Also, what wheels you running with those tires?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Heat gun is your friend .heat plastic parts up a bit and push back in
Plus with wheel spacers sitting the wheels out more will cause more issues
then the tires you choose are all wrong ( with those lower rated springs should of went with 245-70-16s )
and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,saw a mention of an ARB front bumper you will need OME 790s, CRD front springs
heavy duty are 927s which work great without an aftermarket bumper

Gareth Williams

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the reply
I will have to go back to the company that supplied the Ome kit as this was there recommended spec

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find that's ome's official recommendation too, but many of us,myself included, run heavy 927 springs front and medium 948 (iirc) on back with no additional weight (bumpers, Winches, ect) quite happily.

Latest posts

Members online