adding tweets and sub woffer to factoy system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadow rider

Reaction score
2005 tunes upgrade i just ook out the head unit that came with my ride 05 renegade (cd player ony) and put in the (cd/tape deck) unit. now i want to and a 8 in kicker and some tweets.. (i have some tweets and 8in kicker) i also have a (cross over unit and amps ) should i use the cross over or just splice in the tweets off the front (dash) speakers and the sub off the rear (right or left) ? or could i use the factory sub output under the driver seat ( from what i read there is already wiring there) and just run it to my amp then the rear sub? these are two mods. i haven't riped it all apart yet and i would like to have all the stuff i need before i start . has any one tried either one of these two mod yet? Leo

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of having trouble following what you are saying. What is your overall audio setup (how do you foresee it when it's completed)?

You'll need a cross over for your tweets. You cannot splice it in the dash or they'll burn up and smoke (voice coils will melt).

The 8" Kickers...I'm sorry. I really cannot understand what you mean about "off the rear (right or left)".

It sounds like you already have a factory sub...is this the OEM Powered 6" Sub? If so, you cannot use its wiring to wire an aftermarket amplifier; you need a wiring kit. What kind of amp do you have?

shadow rider

Reaction score
factory plus

i would like to end up with the factory system head unit, (6 speakers, 4 in the doors plus 2 inthe dash)- PLUS- 2 after market tweeters in the rear (for balance) a and one 8 inch sub woofer (kicker is the brand name).
i already have the tweets and sub, some other other stuff i have is an powered crossover and two rockford fostgate amps (from my last jeep when i was young and wanted eveybody to ejoy my tunes) now i'm just a little older and i bit wiser. i just want a little more hitting power than the factoy system can give.
i dont have the factory sub under the seat, but from what all i read my 2005 renegade could already have the wiring for it? and if it is, is this a low power signal from the head unit? Leo

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: factory plus

shadow rider said:
i dont have the factory sub under the seat, but from what all i read my 2005 renegade could already have the wiring for it? and if it is, is this a low power signal from the head unit? Leo
There isnt any wiring for the factory sub already there. The factory sub comes with a wiring harness thats is placed between the radio harness and the radio. It uses the front speakers wires as it input signal.

shadow rider

Reaction score
oh ok thanks for the info Bill, so does the factory sub mount to the seat or to the floor under the seat?
Leo
and does it sound good (worth the $)?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shadow rider said:
oh ok thanks for the info Bill, so does the factory sub mount to the seat or to the floor under the seat?
Leo
and does it sound good (worth the $)?
If mounts right under the seat. You have to partially remove the seat to get the sub in there, since it is held by the bolts used by the seat. The sound was ok, but i decided to swap it out for a Bazooka instead.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shadow rider said:
ok did you use the jeep head unit? if so how did you hook up the bazooka??
Leo
I first swap out my stock HU with a Sony HU that had sub outputs. I have since ripe out most of the stock audio (all but the back speakers), and gone with a carpc solution.

Latest posts

Members online