Adding Renegade Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I'd like to add the Renegade light bar to my 05 Limited. Looking at the instructions it adds a led light to the side of the bezel (or anywhere you want to place it) instead of using the factory supplied indicator in the gauge cluster. Does anyone know how to wire it up so the factory indicator is used instead of the supplied led? I did a search but all I found was that export Libbies were prewired. Since it was dealer installed option there has to be a way. Maybe a different wiring harness than the one supplied with the kit?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The renny lightbar was not a dealer installed option,it came standard on all '02-'05 renny's(right from the factory) and a option on '06's.The dealership could install one on a non-renny but no IC lamp display,just that added LED like your instructions as they would be using the same kit.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all 02's are prewired for the indicator light from the BCM to the cluster, BUT the gauge cluster is not flashed for that LED to actually function. Only the renegade cluster will operate properly, and the dealership cannot program it to work legally as that is close to falling under federal offense of tampering with odometer readings.

The 05, I do not know if it has the wire prewired from the BCM, but the likelihood is that that option is not functional in your gauge cluster. If it was, the kit would come designed to work with that.