Active fog/running lights when bright

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techno

Reaction score
Is it possible to make the fog/running lights active (stay on) when you toggle to brights? I've noticed that if you pull the head lights lever back slghtly without toggling to brights, you will get bright lights and the fog/running lights will stay on. I just don't want to have to hold it while driving down our long dirt-road at night.

Thanks

techno

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, I just found some posts in the FAQ too.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Not sure if I'd want to do it though. In most states it's illegal to run the fogs and high beams at the same time, hence why the fogs cut off when the brights are clicked on. That setting that you found by holding the switch back slightly is ment to just flash the highs real quick.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Thanks

techno said:
Thanks, I just found some posts in the FAQ too.

I can't seem to find the post could you please link me. I've been trying to do this for some time.

BTW, Gentleman where did you get that picture?

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Thanks

Eddo said:
techno said:
BTW, Gentleman where did you get that picture?

Not sure it was posted on one of the Jeep forums, either here, JeepForum.Com or Jeeps Unlimited, went back and tried to find it and did not have any success, when it was posted I saved the pictures, but never tried doing the mod'.

Bob

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would you need to do anything to the relay for the windows? or did that relay just happen to be in that pic too and have wires on it?

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was included in the photo, the window relay was modified to operate the windows without the key being on as stated in the post with the photo

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think im going to look into this. Ill find out which one is for the windows and which one is for the brights. Im not going to slap a piece of wire on it though, i do some testing with a multimeter before i short something out.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That pic is mine, BOTH relays are moded to run the windows and sunroof without the key thats all.

Latest posts

Members online