AC works great then shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jairazona

Reaction score
OK im a little stumped My 02 ac works well then starts blowing warm air after about 15 minutes. if i shut off the ac and turn it back on it blows cold again...
I checked the pressure on both sides and they seem to be at acceptable levels... any ideas where to check next?

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be the compressor clutch relay is failing intermittantly as it warms up, then it shuts the compressor down, hence warm air. Or it could be incorrect line pressure on either the high or low side. Don't add more refridgerant, it is cooling some, so does not need it.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK im a little stumped My 02 ac works well then starts blowing warm air after about 15 minutes. if i shut off the ac and turn it back on it blows cold again...
I checked the pressure on both sides and they seem to be at acceptable levels... any ideas where to check next?

My 02 did that a couple of times when I first got it in 05, but it has not happened since.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a switch/sensor on the high pressure side and on the low pressure side, could be one of them going out. Might want to have someone knowledgeable check them out.

Desertkj had problems with his AC recently, turned out to be the compressor. You can check out the thread he started to maybe get some more ideas.

Last edited:

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your engine is not running too hot. Or if your PCM thinks it is running too hot. I don't know how you can check your sending unit but check your temp gauge and make sure you have enough coolant.

Latest posts

Members online