AC compressor cycles off and on when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC compressor cycles off and on when my hvac controls are on any of the three settings on the right (bottom vent, bottom vent/front defroster mix, and front defroster) and not the three settings on the left (recirculate, top vents, and top/bottom vent mix). The ac button is not activated. It will turn on for about 5 seconds or so and then stay off for about 10-15 seconds. Is this normal? If not (and I don't think it is) what could be wrong and how would I go about fixing it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most if not all vehicles do this.

Dave

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ok then, if it ain't broke then i ain't gonna fix it lol. Is there a reason it works like that cause it doesn't make any sense to me.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dehumidifies the air to keep the windows from fogging up.

Oh ok, well that makes sense. But why just those three settings and not all of them? Not trying to nitpick or say you guys are wrong, I just hate not understanding the why of things.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because on the vent settings you may not necessarily want dehumidified air if you are bringing it in from the outside.