ABS problems? Need input-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again!

I've read as much as I can find regarding the recall for the 2007 Liberty ABS problems...and getting the ABS computer reprogrammed, or "flashed".

But I'm a little confused.

I also read the TSB/recall for 2007's, but when I go to the Jeep website for recall information, and enter my VIN, it says that that my Liberty is clear for any TSB/recalls.

I must admit, I'm not sure what the symptoms of the TSB are in regards to the ABS system, but I have noticed one very thing with my Jeep during the three weeks of ownership...and need some advice.

Every so often, when coming to a stop (on pavement) and very close to being stopped, the ABS will kick in. I'm not breaking hard at all, no gravel or sand on the road. Very strange. Does anyone have any experience with this, or do you think this is what the recall might be concerning?

So a dumb question....is the Jeep website (recall portion of website) accurate about this kind of stuff? I would think if the recall is for 2007's...and I have a 2007, then I would be included. But per Jeep's website, I'm not.

You kids think this problem I'm having sounds like the current TSB/recall? Or something different? In addition, has anyone else experienced this?

Once again, thanks to all! You guys are tops! \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, but I have discovered that it happens when I'm braking on a manhole cover or road crack filler. Sure you're not doing that?

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Mine does the same thing, but I have discovered that it happens when I'm braking on a manhole cover or road crack filler. Sure you're not doing that?

That's a good thought to bring up, and a valid one...but unfortunately, it's not the case. The first time it happened, I assumed that's exactly what happened and paid no real attention to the fact, but with the third and fourth time, I did manage to look around for anything that would have sparked the ABS to trigger. Nothing but clean asphalt (or as clean as asphalt can get). :-k

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current KJ (2002) does not have ABS but every vehicle that I've driven has had some amount of pulsing you can feel through the brake pedal.

Some have been more noticeable than others.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You asked about the Jeep Recall section of the website being accurate and weather it should show a tsb/recall.

As far as I understand it, only recalls would be shown on the website when you put the last 8 of your ser# in. If a recall was for all 07 models, say, then yours would be on there. If it was only for vehicles made within certain dates then only those made within those dates would be shown and not all 07 models.

The only other possibility I can think of if your ser# showed no outstanding recalls, would be if the site was not updated yet by D/C.

As far as a tsb goes, I don't think they will show up there. The dealers get tsb's from D/C. They are aware of them and if someone brings a vehicle in with a particular problem, and they have a tsb on the symptoms, then they follow the tsb instructions and fix it.

If there is a tsb for the anti-lock brakes and you have the symptom and bring it in, and it calls for a reflash, then they will do it. Problem solved.

Otherwise if it was an actual recall, it should show up on the website and you would also get a written notification (it probably takes a while).

If you stop by the dealer and give them your last 8# of your ser # they have a direct connection to D/C and should be able to tell you.

This is the way I understand that it works, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
You asked about the Jeep Recall section of the website being accurate and weather it should show a tsb/recall.

As far as I understand it, only recalls would be shown on the website when you put the last 8 of your ser# in. If a recall was for all 07 models, say, then yours would be on there. If it was only for vehicles made within certain dates then only those made within those dates would be shown and not all 07 models.

The only other possibility I can think of if your ser# showed no outstanding recalls, would be if the site was not updated yet by D/C.

As far as a tsb goes, I don't think they will show up there. The dealers get tsb's from D/C. They are aware of them and if someone brings a vehicle in with a particular problem, and they have a tsb on the symptoms, then they follow the tsb instructions and fix it.

If there is a tsb for the anti-lock brakes and you have the symptom and bring it in, and it calls for a reflash, then they will do it. Problem solved.

Otherwise if it was an actual recall, it should show up on the website and you would also get a written notification (it probably takes a while).

If you stop by the dealer and give them your last 8# of your ser # they have a direct connection to D/C and should be able to tell you.

This is the way I understand that it works, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave

Good stuff, thanks Dave! \:D/