A seat cover question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrvlnMn

Reaction score
I just took home my "new to me" 2007 KJ Sport. It's the first Jeep I've owned. Its got the cloth seats. And I've read (on this forum and others) about how they're stain magnets.

I also know that on my last two vehicles, through constant use getting in and out of the vehicle, my backside wears out the seam on the left hand side of the seat bottom.

So I was thinking (hoping) that seat covers might work as a preventative measure for both of those issues. Right now there's nothing wrong with the seats (and I'd like to keep it that way).

So what do you recommend?

Should I get the Mopar OEM covers? Or the Wet Okole? Which is better? Or is there something else?

Thanks for loaning this post your eyeballs, and opinions.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Cal-Trend Neosupreme covers and I love them!

Not true Neoprene like Wet Okole's, but very nicely made and cheaper!

Check my thread here. Even if you don't like these, I explain a few others I looked at and why I didn't like them. Mopars won't cover the entire back of the front seats. The other brands had inferior fabric.

Also, I think the Iggee's would be more durable yet, however, I don't want "leather-ish" seats. I like cloth.

RedJolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Seat Covers.

Here is some really great covers I found.

Attachments

• SeatCovers.jpg
    SeatCovers.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 47

ken270741

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the mopar OEM covers and am pretty happy with them for protection purposes
Ken

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water stains are really easy to clean up... oddly, can even use water to clean them, or maybe now my seats are just one uniform discoloration... but they still look nice. i have used an aerosol upholstery cleaner from walmart and a washcloth.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iggee all the way. They are still holding up great to me and my big dogs.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36489

Are you still happy with these seat covers? My big butt has finally worn a hole in the leather of the left side of the driver's seat from me getting in and out of it for the past 10 years. I'm trying to decide between some 2 tone black and beige Iggee covers and CalTrend Neosupremes. Since the KJ is Frankenlifted, and the bottom half is color matched Line-X, I was thinking that the Neosupremes would go with the new look better than the factory light taupe leather, and almost ordered the CalTrends last night. But after seeing some photos of your Iggees, I'm not 100% sure anymore.