A Pleasant Surprise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
this 2002 I got continues to make me smile. When I bought it there was no build sheet for it, so I didn't know it had the off-road package or the Trac-Lok. I also didn't know it had the Infinity speaker package (oh yeah it sounds nice) until I got a build sheet from a dealer. Well, today I was putting on my rock rails and I noticed something else.

There are some chrome exhaust tips I always figured were factory (not knowing the difference). You can't really see them from the top looking down, but looking up at them from the creeper I saw "Borla". So I also apparently have an aftermarket exhaust--but I don't know how much. The muffler is a single in, dual out, the dual exhausts cross the rear axle together then split, one to each side. The muffler has no markings of any kind, Chrysler or Borla. Anyone wanna venture a guess? I don't think the factory exhaust sounds that good, so I'd guess it's a cat back system but what do you think?

All in all not bad...$13,000 for a pre-lowered 2002 with 60k miles and new tires. And I mean NEW. Too bad they're on-road tires, I've gotta wear them out.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust

I know Borla made the dual exhaust for Mopar, I'm not sure if it had Borla stamped on it. It was about half the cost from Mopar than to buy the identical one from Borla. I'm not sure if Borla still makes the exhausts for Mopar.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Exhaust

VTNomad said:
I know Borla made the dual exhaust for Mopar, I'm not sure if it had Borla stamped on it. It was about half the cost from Mopar than to buy the identical one from Borla. I'm not sure if Borla still makes the exhausts for Mopar.

Do you have a handle on the costs from Mopar? I may need to replace my exhuast on an '02.