A few questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FenwickAngler

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while... Have a few questions. ITS STATE INSPECTION AND EMISSIONS time! ... Sure you all know whats coming now \\:D/ !

Two codes have come up with a beautiful check engine light. I have done some work already, didn't work. I think I may have gotten in this time but I was wondering if I could pick the communities brain for other possible issues from past experience if the light does come back.

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport, 3.7L.
Codes:
  1. p0133 - Oxygen Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1: Slow Response.
  2. p0442 - Evap (Not the gas cap)

Anyone else get these? What was your issue. Hopefully I got it but I need ideas in case because I am not sure what else. The little black box for gas vapors (cant think of proper name) near gas tank is fine, all lines good.

Let me know!

---------------------------------------------

Suspension! I am not really looking to lift it per say. I am looking for good quality at a good price. I don't mind lifting it if you really think its my best bet as for cost effectiveness. Again, 2003 Liberty Sport, 3.7L roughly 131,000 miles. Shock and Struts are a must, anything else coming up or suggestions of things I should change? I am getting up there in miles :icon_frown: ... Like I said doesn't have to be a lift but if you the best value is going to lift it... so be it. Again, struts and shocks are a must in my opinion.

-------------------------------------------

K&N air intake... is it worth it to add this to my jeep? What would make it worth it? Alot of people love these things and often is a first thing done for many but since I am getting up there in miles I dont think upgrading could hurt... Would it be a good idea or no necessary?

--------------------------------------------

Also, I got 4 brand new General Grabber AT2s for 600$ after 6% Tax :emoticondancer:

Thanks in advance guys! I know you guys are always a huge help.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll do you a favor and skip the ones I'd be guessing at. ;)

For these:
...Suspension! I am not really looking to lift it per say. I am looking for good quality at a good price. I don't mind lifting it if you really think its my best bet as for cost effectiveness...
I am looking to get a max lift when I can, but my understanding is that a modest lift costs pretty much the same as just replacing the suspension with stock parts and rides a million times better. In that case, why not?

K&N air intake... is it worth it to add this to my jeep?
Every time this comes up there is a huge chorus of people saying save your money. I can hear the choir warming up now... :icon_lol:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For these:

I am looking to get a max lift when I can, but my understanding is that a modest lift costs pretty much the same as just replacing the suspension with stock parts. In that case, why not?

Every time this comes up there is a huge chorus of people saying save your money. I can hear the choir warming up now... :icon_lol:

This.

As for lifts, if your on a budget, you can't go wrong with the Tommudd 3.5" EconoLift from JeepinByAl. Actually, pretty much any lift or suspension overhaul they sell will do you just fine. One day a JBA 4.5" lift will find it's way under my Jeep...

I'm sure Tom will chime in at some point, he's a great source of knowledge when it comes to lifts.

As for the codes. Well, the one is for EVAP, which is a fun one to trace down. Re-seat the gas cap and clear it, see if it comes back. As for the p0133 code, that's reporting the O2 sensor isn't responding as expected. It could be an exhaust leak, or the sensor could be disconnected, but the sensor is probably just bad. A big wrench and a can of penetrating oil will get it out. :gr_grin:

Last edited:

FenwickAngler

Reaction score
This.

As for lifts, if your on a budget, you can't go wrong with the Tommudd 3.5" EconoLift from JeepinByAl. Actually, pretty much any lift or suspension overhaul they sell will do you just fine. One day a JBA 4.5" lift will find it's way under my Jeep...

I'm sure Tom will chime in at some point, he's a great source of knowledge when it comes to lifts.

As for the codes. Well, the one is for EVAP, which is a fun one to trace down. Re-seat the gas cap and clear it, see if it comes back. As for the p0133 code, that's reporting the O2 sensor isn't responding as expected. It could be an exhaust leak, or the sensor could be disconnected, but the sensor is probably just bad. A big wrench and a can of penetrating oil will get it out. :gr_grin:

For these:

I am looking to get a max lift when I can, but my understanding is that a modest lift costs pretty much the same as just replacing the suspension with stock parts and rides a million times better. In that case, why not?

Na, I am honestly just trying to get my kj to its best. I could dump the cash and get a 6 inch lift now but I'm more about the quality but reasonable. I grew out of the i need to be the biggest jeep around. Don't get me wrong it's awesome but not pressing to me

I did see tommudds econo is it reccomended at my mileage to replace all of that? That's the reason I said if it lifts it so be it. Because I saw the deal on that. Or would I be fine with just ome shock struts and springs? Or is that bundle such a good deal that I'd be a moron to not just get it all done?

Thanks for your guys input. How are the other shocks and struts with tommudds lift? Then non-OME ones. Haven't heard to much about them.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You keep saying at your mileage, if proper maintenance has been done on it your mileage isn't that high.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an ome and an oem suspension is the same price.
the o2 sensor may be the cause of the second code. fix the 02 sensor first its the upper before the cat on driver side.

FenwickAngler

Reaction score
You keep saying at your mileage, if proper maintenance has been done on it your mileage isn't that high.

Engine wise definitely sound. I personally don't know to much about suspension stuff, which is why I am asking. I know it needs shocks and struts. I'm just trying to get recommendations as to what I should replace, and what the best bang for the buck is, not cheap, but best bang. People suggest select things for select miles I know I'm not pushing 200k+ but I'm also not pushing 50k. I'm just trying to get advice for the miles I am at. Is a complete suspension overhaul worth it or is it something I can and should wait for? Upper-A arms, should they be replaced? When should they? Do they need to be? It's not about the miles im just saying the miles to be recommended in the right direction. I apologize if I am coming off acting like I'm super man because I have 130k miles.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sounding like superman. I was taking it like you thought your Jeep was about wore out and not wanting to invest in the suspension if it was. Your suspension almost definitely needs replaced. The recommendations from Jeepinbyal are excellent. They all ride great. The OME & Ironman lifts will give you 2.5" and 2.25" lift respectively and neither will require new upper control arms unless you add clevis spacers and top plate which should net you 3.5" or 3.25".

FenwickAngler

Reaction score
Not sounding like superman. I was taking it like you thought your Jeep was about wore out and not wanting to invest in the suspension if it was. Your suspension almost definitely needs replaced. The recommendations from Jeepinbyal are excellent. They all ride great. The OME & Ironman lifts will give you 2.5" and 2.25" lift respectively and neither will require new upper control arms unless you add clevis spacers and top plate which should net you 3.5" or 3.25".

Na! Not me! I love my KJ. I feel more original in it to be honest, I love wranglers but you see them a lot with mud-tires etc. idk... Mugabe I'm weird. My KJ isn't going anywhere to soon. How are the ironman shocks and struts? I haven't realy heard to much about them from actual use. You have any experience with them? I'm sure there a good brand. Are the ome worth the extra couple dollars?

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Na! Not me! I love my KJ. I feel more original in it to be honest, I love wranglers but you see them a lot with mud-tires etc. idk... Mugabe I'm weird. My KJ isn't going anywhere to soon. How are the ironman shocks and struts? I haven't realy heard to much about them from actual use. You have any experience with them? I'm sure there a good brand. Are the ome worth the extra couple dollars?

they are very similar in quality i beieve the iron man front comes assembed you dont need to get a shop to do it.... but if you get the ome you can strie a deal with a shop nearby to buid the fronts and give you an alignment after anyway .
which you need ... ome ift and stock suspension is roughy the same price.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are very similar in quality i beieve the iron man front comes assembed you dont need to get a shop to do it.... but if you get the ome you can strie a deal with a shop nearby to buid the fronts and give you an alignment after anyway .
which you need ... ome ift and stock suspension is roughy the same price.
Nope. only Franken lift and jba coil overs come prepared assembled

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i coudnt remeber if iron man did or not.... i knew some did. regardless have a shop buid them and get aignment.

Members online

No members online now.